Coordinating Father's Day Card Envelopes


Hello All!

So today my post is all about card envelopes: how you can customize their style and size them to your handmade cards. I really recommend checking out the video below for this post as I show you how I modify regular-sized envelopes to fit non-standard sized cards. If you watch my videos or look at my cards you will quickly notice that I don't tend to stick to a specific A2 card size. They are usually larger (about half a letter sized page) or odd square sizes. That's because I'm too lazy to measure and I just like to create and then worry about sizing afterwards. 

So in general, if you want to see how I modify my envelope sizes then view the video and if you just want to see how I decorated them you can just keep reading :). 


So below are the card envelopes I created for the Father's Day cards I've been posting lately.


This card was a typical A2 sized card because I made it according to the size of the Concord & 9th Plaid background stamp. I used the plaid stamp set in my MISTI to stamp the envelope flap with Faded Jeans Distress Oxide ink. I recommend using the MISTI for this as I did do it with a large acrylic block but it did not give me a complete stamped image. Check out the video to see how I did this. I then used the same ink along with Salty Ocean Distress Oxide ink to stamp the stripes at the bottom of the envelope. 


I masked off this envelope with some blue painter's tape. It's never failed me yet so I always use it making sure to take off some of the tack with my hands before placing it on my paper/envelope. I chose to decorate more of the front because this envelope is so big - I hate leaving too much white. I used Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Salty Ocean and Stormy Sky Distress Inks with an ink blending tool to create the blue background. And then I stamped the triangles, tying in the card to the envelope, with Altenew's Simple Shapes stamp set and some MFT Black Licorice ink. 


For this envelope I used the Altenew Pattern Play Circles stamp set, just like I did on the card, to tie the two together. I masked off the card flap and simply used the circle stamps that come with the set to stamp a bunch of circles on the flap and then on the corner of the front of the envelope. This time I used some Distress Inks in the colours Lucky Clover, Mowed Lawn, Pine Needles, Peeled Paint and Bundled Sage. This gave the circles an uneven stamp since these inks are better for blending rather than solid stamping, but I ended up with this cool bubble effect.


I finished off these envelopes by stamping out the card recipients names in VersaFine Majestic Blue, Blue Lagoon and Olympia Green inks. VersaFine is always my ink of choice for sentiments because it is a pigment ink that gives you a crisp image and, if stamped right, usually means that you don't need to double stamp. The stamp set used here was the Concord & 9th Bold & Brushy stamp sets both uppercase and lowercase. I also stamped a little heart on each envelope with comes with these sets.

And that's basically it! I ended up with 3 really cool, perfectly-sized envelopes that coordinate with my cards! I hope you enjoyed my post and/or video. Please leave a comment and/or subscribe if you like!

Thanks for viewing!

_____________________________
SUPPLIES
~
Inks: Tumbled Glass Ranger Distress Ink Mini | Salty Ocean Ranger Distress Ink Mini | Stormy Sky Ranger Distress Ink Mini | Broken China Ranger Distress Ink Mini | Mowed Lawn Ranger Distress Ink Mini | Lucky Clover Ranger Distress Ink Mini | Pine Needles Ranger Distress Ink Mini | Peeled Paint Ranger Distress Ink Mini | Bundled Sage Ranger Distress Ink Mini | Tsukineko VersaFine Majestic Blue Mini Ink | Tsukineko VersaFine Blue Lagoon Mini Ink | Tsukineko VersaFine Olympia Green Mini InkMy Favorite Things Licorice Black Hybrid Ink
Tools:  MISTI Precision Stamping Tool | MISTI Creative CornersRanger MINI ROUND INK BLENDING TOOLS Stewart/Superior Stewart Superior Double Stamp Scrubber, 5 by 7.5-Inch | Ranger Inkssentials WATER-BASED STAMP CLEANER Bubble Gum Scented 
Adhesive: 3M Scotch SAFE RELEASE MASKING PAINTER'S TAPE | Be Creative Tape 1/8" 3MM ROLL Double Sided Sookwang


Comments

  1. Fabulous cards!! both of them are gorgeous and I love the matching envelopes very special :-)

    Did you see that you won last weeks Simon Says Stamp Monday 'Anything But A Card' Challenge!! ;-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg no, I hadn’t checked! Wow - thanks for contacting me! And thanks for your comment! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment as I always love hearing from you! 😃

Popular Posts