Inside and Out: Plaid and Father's Day!

Hello Again!

I have yet another and the final Father's Day card I made this year! I hope it sparks inspiration for future Father's Days or for masculine cards!

Below is a video of how I created this card. Unfortunately I don't have actual video footage, but it is more of a picture montage of each step of the process. (I ran out of time and space on my video camera.) Plus I show you all the stamp sets I've used and some tips and tricks in the narration. If you'd rather read, please follow along.






I decorated both the inside and out of this card, using the Concord & 9th Plaid background stamp set with different inks. I'm really in love with this stamp set for masculine cards! It's just so simple to use and gives you such a nice result. 


I then used the Concord & 9th Bold and Brushy Uppercase (and lowercase) stamp set to stamp out the word DAd in a 4-square layout on white cardstock using Smokey Gray VersaFine ink. I also used the different borders/frames that come with this set.


I used the solid brushy square background to stamp the fourth square and used the heart stamp with this set to stamp on top of this in Encore Ultimate Silver pigment ink for a cool effect.


I used Altenew's Oval ink in Starlight to stamp the gingham background. And then used the Altenew Caribbean Sky ink cube to stamp out the stripes, creating the plaid background. As you can see, I also cut down the sentiment into a square piece to add to the front. 


I stamped the inside with the gingham print only using Altenew's Arctic ink. This light ink created a watermark effect that works for card insides so that you can still clearly write a sentiment or message over top.


Altenew's Morning Frost ink is also great for this lightly stamped effect. So I used it to stamp a single line along each side of the card inside.


I stamped the sentiment from the My Sentiments Exactly Father's Day Innies & Outties using VersaFine Onyx Black ink. VersaFine really is ideal for sentiments, giving you a clearly stamped image/text.


Finally, I stamped a few critter images from the Lawn Fawn Dad and Me stamp set. I ended up stamping the baby moose 2 times and a cool trick is to stamp them slightly above or below each other. By doing this you achieve the effect of having two different stamps even though you only used one identical image. I also stamped the little rocks there for interest using My Favorite Things Black Licorice Hybrid ink.
  

You can see I also added some Glossy Accents to the letters and heart on the card front. This is such a great way to add some dimension and interest.


And that's the complete card, inside and out! I hope you liked my card and post! If you get a chance please leave a comment and/or subscribe to my blog for more!

Thanks for viewing!

_____________________________

SUPPLIES
~


Comments

Popular Posts