Out: Dimensional Panel Art Cards

Hello All!

Today I have a dimensionally explosive post for you. Well maybe not so much explosive as dimensional 😃. I've created 3 card fronts for you and they were inspired by the modern panel art canvases that you can buy for hanging in your home. I figured I could cut my card front into panels and use my foam tape to my heart's content to create dimensional panels. I will be entering these in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge named "Anything Goes" this week. 

Below is a video for easy viewing and if you'd rather read please follow along. Please note that I will be posting the design of the card insides in a later video as an update to this post, so don't forget to subscribe to my blog or YouTube channel 😉!







For all of these cards, I used the Peony Notes Stamp Bundle from The Ton. They come in a pack of 3 large stamp sets and must be purchased as a bundle and rightfully so. This stamp bundle is really nice to have as it has such a beautiful full image of the peonies and a variety of sentiments on all 3 stamp sets. I definitely advise getting this bundle as it really pays for itself. Even if you don't like the peonies, which is quite doubtful, the large and small sentiments make it a worthy buy!

So the first thing I did was stamp my card fronts. 


 The first card was stamped out solely in VersaMark Watermark ink and heat embossed with embossing powders. All of the powders I used were from Lindy's Stamp Gang (specific ones listed in supplies below). I love the colours that this company provides! They are so nice and have a two-toned effect, and in this case created a really nice subtle card front with beautiful shine. I then stamped the "lovely" sentiment (also from the Peony Notes Bundle) and heat embossed it in Ranger Clear EP.


The last two cards were made by stamping out the peonies using the MISTI stamp positioner in various Grays for one piece and Pink and Green coloured inks for the second piece, all from Altenew (all listed in the supplies below). For each background I used an embossing powder for the third layer of the peonies. For the card with Grays it was Fairy Tale WOW! Embossing powder. And for the card with pink and green, it was Hot Gossip WOW! Embossing powder. 



 I then attached the two peony pieces to green Recollections and white Darice Core'dinations glitter cardstock. 

Then all 3 card fronts (embossed and two glitter backgrounds), were cut into 5 equal-sized panels. I found that the Tim Holtz Tonic Guillotine Cutter works great for this. I then proceeded to attach the embossed panels to the same card base. The outer two panels were adhered directly to the card base with Tombow Permanent Tape Runner, the two next panels inwards adhered with 1 layer of foam tape and the center panel adhered with 2 layers of foam tape. This created the 3D panel art effect that you see in modern canvas home décor.


 I finished this card off with some small sentiments (from the same stamp bundle from The Ton) and some Sweet Lilac Nuvo Crystal Drops. 


I then adhered the panels for the glitter background card fronts in the same manner. This time I used a combination of the coloured and gray panels to create a repeated pattern of background but creating a continuous peony image (if that makes sense). I added none, 1 layer and 2 layers of foam tape to create the dimension where I saw fit for both cards.


I then stamped out the sentiments on inked-blended (Altenew Coral Bliss ink) cardstock and black cardstock. I added some stitched lines to the "Many Thanks" card with a fine black Sharpie and finished it off with some Ebony Black Nuvo Crystal Drops. And for the last card, the sentiment was heat embossed in Hero Arts White EP. plus I added some small clear gems and pearl adhesives. 

And that was pretty much it. I have these nice 3-dimensional cards and I'm really liking those peonies! 

I hope you enjoyed my post and were inspired in some way. As always, thanks for viewing!

_______________________________________

SUPPLIES
~


Comments

  1. Wow! Out of the world amazing. Love the whole spotlight style you have on this card with strips. The use of glitter paper, really a great idea. Thank you so much for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. xx Ankita

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment as I always love hearing from you! 😃

Popular Posts