Flat Fold Shadow Box Card | Make The Cards Challenge 58

 Hello Again!

This week's Make The Cards Challenge 58 is a technique challenge and this one is about fancy fold cards! Of course, I thought a flat fold shadow box card would be great to showcase here! I used the Spellbinder Birthday Celebrations Embellishment Bundle to decorate this one. And I just wanted to add that this will be my last post for the MTCC Design Team, as I'm stepping down. So I had to make it special!


Challenge Post

Like what you're seeing? Pin this picture for later on Pinterest!

This was a fun card to make and is not too complicated! I suggest using a card kit or embellishment kit, like the Spellbinders Birthday Celebrations Embellishment kit, to make the process faster so you can focus on the scoring, folding and cutting.

I'm a very visual person and I did not get to make a video for this one, so I have 3 sketches of the scoring, cuts and folds which hopefully help explain how to make this card.





After everything, this is what it looks like (image below). In the diagram above, each flap with  "V1" on it, after being folded,  should have glue put on it and the right and left flaps folded down to connect it and form the shadow box.


After I did all the scoring, cutting and folding, all that was left was to add my papers and die cut pieces. I added two 4'' strips, that are 1/2" wide, that I folded along the blue lines in the image below into folding rectangles. I attached one long edge and one square edge to either side of the inner box with glue so when you open the box they fold out and allow the attached images/sentiment to pop up and move.





The belly band for this card is simply 1-1/4" of gold mirror cardstock that I folded around the card and joined at the back where it overlapped. To do this the strip has to be at least 8.5 inches long.

And that's all it took!


I hope you've been inspired to create something similar yourself! I encourage you to check out the rest of the designer's inspiration and create your own card to link up to the challenge page for a chance to be the challenge winner. 

As I mentioned, this is my last card post for MTCC! I hope you've enjoyed my creations for the challenge and will subscribe to my blog and social media channels to see more. I'm so happy to have been part of the team and work with such talented designers!

As always, thanks for stopping by. And don't forget to leave me a comment, as I love hearing from you! And don't forget to follow me on Instagram @deezinesbyd where you'll find a reel for this post!

Supplies 

(note: Any products not included here are linked within the blog text) 

Comments

Popular Posts