Rainbow Geo Floral Cards | Pinkfresh Studio June Challenge

 Hello and Welcome!

Today I'm sharing two cards that I made for the Pinkfresh Studio June Monthly Challenge. This month's challenge title is "Rainbow" and since I just got my hands on the Pinkfresh Studio ink line, I had to join in! I decided to make these 2 cards featuring the nested diamonds and hexagons foiled in prism and aura foils, which shine a rainbow of colors (watch my reel for a quick tip when foiling these!)


For this post I have a short video/reel you can view below!

Watch the Video Short For This Card

Like what you're seeing? Pin this picture for later on Pinterest!

The first thing I had to do to make both of these cards was to foil those beautiful Pinkfresh Nested Diamonds and Hexagons. The trick to doing this is to use the magnetic backing they come on and flip them over and position them evenly apart. The magnetic backing helps keep them in place once positioned and enables you to easily add washi or low tack tape across all of the shaped outlines to join them together. This way, they are all connected in one piece and you can foil all of them at once in a small space so that you save that precious Hammermill cardstock! I used Spellbinders Aura foil for the hexagons and Prism foil for the diamonds. I used the exact same method while lining up the nested dies on top the foiled cardstock, which I had placed on top of the magnetic backing. Then I adhered them together so I could cut out these shapes in one swoop through my die cut machine. This saves a lot of time!!



Next I added Pinkfresh inks to the 4 diamonds using a blending brush. I also inked up a piece of cardstock with the following inks, blending each ink into each other:

-Passion Fruit
- Apricot
- Sunshine
- Grassy Knoll
- Summer Shower
- Lavender

Once dried, I stamped out the Pinkfresh Indigo Vines Stamp set on this panel and some vellum. I cut out the images with the coordinating die.

I added the diamonds hanging off each side of an A2 sized white panel with foam tape. I backed this onto an A2 sized white card base and arranged the rainbow and vellum florals.


For this hexagon card, I cut out the white background using the Pinkfresh Stitched Diamond Cover Plate Die. I backed it onto a white A2 sized card base and assembled the cut hexagons in an alternating fashion with foam and Bearly Arts Glue. I then arranged and adhered the rainbow and vellum florals. 


The sentiments were foiled with Spellbinders Espresso Bean foil using the Pinkfresh Fancy Script Words Foil Plates set and cut with the coordinating dies. The hello sentiment was foiled on a leftover piece of the ink blended panel. I also built up these sentiments by adding 3 more layers of cardstock behind each. 

Finally, I grabbed my Pinkfresh Studio Essentials Jewels Mix and added embellishments in rainbow colours!

And that is how I completed this card! I absolutely love these nested plates and dies and I hope my little tip for foiling can help with your crafting projects! 

I hope you've been inspired to make something similar of your own! And don't forget to leave a comment, as I do love hearing from you! Also, please make sure to follow me on Instagram: @deezinesbyd

Supplies 

(note: Any products not included here are linked within the blog text)

Comments

Popular Posts