Using Vellum to Make Soft Backgrounds | The Maker's Movement

 Hello Crafters and Welcome!

The Maker's Movement Summer Release is full of bright colors, but I thought why not use these pretty Champagne Mimosa glasses with an elegant twist! Today's card features the Champagne Die Set made into rose gold shakers and the Sunflower Die set, which I used to create the soft vellum background. I'm so excited to share this friendship card with a more subtle and elegant look to show you how versatile these products can be!


Shop The Maker's Movement Summer Collection

Watch the Video Short on YouTube

Like what you're seeing? Pin this picture for later on Pinterest!

I was so excited to make the shaker Champagne glasses so that was the first thing I put together. I used the outline die to cut 2 outlines out of Sizzix Opulent Rose Gold Mirror cardstock and 14 outlines from white cardstock (needed to make the shaker). I used the solid die to cut out 2 pieces from white cardstock and 2 pieces from acetate. Then I adhered the layers as follows as two sections (top and bottom):

Top - adhere the rose gold mirror outline to the acetate solid piece x 2 (since we're making 2 glasses)
Bottom - adhere the 7 outline pieces to the solid white piece x 2

Then take the bottom assembled piece of each glass and add crystals or jewels (the ones I used are from old jewel pickers - I usually empty out the jewels inside and keep them for embellishments). If you don't have this but you're looking for something similar, I've linked the Mixed Drink Shaker Sprinkles in the supplies list from Maker's Movement that have small clear sprinkles that give the same look. Also I used the confetti die included in the Champagne Die Set and cut confetti out of pink and peach glitter cardstocks. I added some of these confetti pieces to each glass as well. Then to I adhered the top piece to the bottom to complete the shaker glasses.


Next, I added that subtle and elegant look to my card background with vellum. I cut a 5" x 7" Sizzix Rose Gold Pearl panel as my backdrop to match the Champagne glasses. Then I used the Sunflower Die Set by Maker's Movement to cut about 7-9 sets of large and small flowers from plain white vellum. I then used my stylus tool to add dimension to the flower petals using a foam mat. This really gives the panel a tufted look and adds to the flowing nature of it. You can skip this step if you want but I think the extra dimension really makes a big difference!

I then used my Tombow dot runner to add small amounts of adhesive to the backs of the flower centers to attach them to the background panel. Try and use as little adhesive as possible since it will show through the vellum. Also, I tried to overlap the flowers to make sure they cover the entire panel. I cut off any over hanging bits and used larger pieces to fill in the background. I then cut two strips of Rose Gold Mirror cardstock and attached them to the top and bottom of the panel.


For the sentiment, I heat embossed the "You Had Me at Mimosa ❤" from the Ultimate Brunch Stamp Set with Altenew Rose Gold Embossing powder and cut the strip down while backing it on some more Rose Gold Mirror cardstock. 

I added the sentiment and champagne glasses to the panel with foam tape and backed the panel onto a 5" x 7" white card base. I embellished the glasses and sentiment strip with small clear gems and I added pearl embellishments to the centers of the flowers to cover up the adhesive.


And there you have this elegant and soft Champagne Mimosa friendship card!! So you can see how versatile these champagne glasses can be - I imagine they would also be useful for New Years cards! Not to mention the use of those sunflowers for the background! I always love buying sets that can be used for multiple occasions. I hope you've been inspired to make something similar yourself. All of the products have been linked below for your shopping pleasure! 

As always, thanks for stopping by. And don't forget to leave me a comment, as I love hearing from you! And don't forget to follow me on Instagram @deezinesbyd where you'll find a bunch more inspo!!

Supplies 

(note: Any products not included here are linked within the blog text/or are linked to something similar) 

Comments

  1. This is so pretty. I love how soft and elegant it looks. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment as I always love hearing from you! 😃

Popular Posts