Day 7 - Honey Bee Stamps - 12 Days of Inspiration, Deals and Surprises | Scrap N' Stamp Canada

 Hello Crafters! 

Welcome to Day 7 of the Scrap N' Stamp 12 Days of Christmas Event! Today our featured brand is Honey Bee Stamps and you can find some Christmas Inspiration below! Don't forget to check out the online store for 25% off select Honey Bee Stamps products! The sale runs from now until Dec 20th!


SALE BELOW

click to shop👇

*Offer Valid 12/09/22 until 12/20/22 Conditions Apply. While supplies last. Not valid with any other coupons, sales or promotions. Not applicable to previous purchases. Select items only.

Card 1


To start, both of my cards today are 5" x 7". For my first card, I used my Daniel Smith Watercolour Paint Sample card with the Penny Black Petals and Branches stamp set. I used a light ink colour to first stamp out the poinsettias and images. I strategically placed my images so they would show up on the edges and in the center of the "O" in the Immense Joy Die, once placed on the panel.



Now, I'm clearly a newbie when it comes to watercolour which is why I purchased the Daniel Smith Watercolour Sample card. These are high quality paints and I'm not expeerienced enough to know which colours to purchase a tube of, especially when one tube is pretty pricey. So this is a great way to get started with 66 different colours at a minimal dollar value ($8.50 CAD to be exact).

Once the painted watercolour panel was dried, I added the JOY die cuts with foam. I added the Merry Christmas sentiment strip, matted the panel onto black cardstock and added some Crystal Stickles accents, along with some Ballet Slipper Pinkfresh Studio gems.


Card 2


For this card, I focused more on ink blending and stamping using the same Penny Black products. I cut a light grey cardstock panel and ink blended some Weathered Wood Oxide Ink into the edges to darken them. I used Black Soot, Tattered Rose and Kitsch Flamingo Oxide inks to stamp out the center poinsettia and leaves.

For the images that are hanging off the top and bottom edges, I first tamped out the largest stamp from the set with Lawnfawn Yeti white pigment ink. Then I added some Tattered Rose and Kitsch Flamingo Oxide ink on top of some areas. 



I added some white arcylic ink splatter along with some black pearl and peach pearl watercolour splatter. Since the background is darker here I thought the pearlescence would show up better. I heat embossed a sentiment from the Penny Black Christmas Moments stamp set and placed the PB Immense Joy die cut on top so the sentiment would show through. 

I finished this card up with some Crystal Stickles and Pinkfresh Studios Iridescent Drops.


And that's all the inspiration I have to share for this shop. As always, all of the products used have been listed below in the supplies list. Thanks again for stopping by and don't forget to check out the shop and stay tuned to SNS and my stories for more sales for days 8-12! Also follow me on Instagram @deezinesbyd to see a reel for this card!

 

Supplies 

Comments

Popular Posts