Mix It Up with Spellbinders & Paper Rose Products

   Hello Friends!

Did you know that Spellbinders carries Paper Rose products? I love using Paper Rose's foiled pattern papers to create beautiful and quick backdrops for my cards (which I did in a previous post combined with the Spellbinders Glimmering Flowers Collection - link here). However, in this post I'm sharing 2 cards where I used these foiled papers as my entire card! The florals are gorgeous and just by simply colouring them in and adding a sentiment, you can make some stunning cards. I paired these papers with Spellbinders Script Sentiments sets by Yana. The elegant loose script of these sentiments compliment these regal backgrounds perfectly. I hope you like this idea and consider using these papers in your projects too. 


Shop Paper Rose Products in the Spellbinders Store👇

Like what you're seeing? Pin this picture for later on Pinterest!

Full Floral Background


This first card has a beautiful swooping floral background! I love how these flowers look like they are blowing in the wind. If you're looking for the specific paper pad I used for this card, the Spellbinders product code is PR29245. This is a 12 x 12 scrapbook-sized gold foil paper pad. There is also a silver foil and a 6 x 6 version of this pad, you might might to consider instead.


I simply cut the panel to the size of an A2-sized card. The actual foiled pattern is slightly bigger than this is you want to use it for a larger project. Then I used my Spectrum Noir Triblends to colour this panel in. Once complete, I added some black gouache splatter and foiled, cut and added the sentiments from the Wonderful Script Sentiments die set and the Hello, Friend foil plate set. 


I then attached the panel to an A2-sized white card base with 2 strips of gold cardstock on the vertical edges, as the panel is slightly slim. Finally, I finished this card off with some peach pearl embellishments.


Flourishing Poppies


My second card uses the poppy pattern paper. Again the panel tends to be slightly longer vertically and smaller horizontally. You can always cut these down to the desired size. And this one is from the same pack as the last card. Again, I used my Spectrum Noir Triblends to add colour. I love colouring while watching/listening to the TV because I find it stops me from munching on bad foods. Let's just say it keeps my hands busy!😅


I added some black gouache splatter to this panel as well, along with a sentiment from the Spellbinders Anemone Glimmer Blooms die set and Hello, Friend foil plate set. I placed the friend die-cut sentiment on the vellum shadow die-cut to help it stand out a little more on the portions that were overlapping the image. Then I added some clear gems and attached this panel to an A2-sized white card base. This panel was cut to 4" x 5.25" to allow for a small white border. I'm sorry my pictures cannot capture the beauty of the foiled outlined image but it is gorgeous in reality. If you find the red alcohol ink is staining the gold foil too much, you can use lightest red from your blend to colour over top of the foil to remove the deep red tone.


And that is my card inspiration using a mix of Spellbinders products and Paper Rose Pattern Papers, which is also available in the Spellbinders store. 

Also, don't forget to check out/follow me on my Instagram account @deezinesbyd, where I have a lot more content and cardmaking ideas! 

-x-

SUPPLIES

Comments

Popular Posts