Grunge It Up!

Hello Again!

So this is my first attempt at actual distressing, despite having a lot of Distress Inks and Tim Holtz products. I was never really too fond of this type of grunge art but after viewing the ones posted on the Simon Says Stamp blog, I realized you can still keep a kind of feminine, vintage look. So here it goes...


I was actually thinking of a blue and brown background that kind of looks like alcohol inks in my mind. I don’t have alcohol inks in my stash yet so I chose to blend my distress inks. I used Salty Ocean and Blueprint Sketch to create a vibrant undertone, and then used Faded Jeans and Chipped Sapphire to create darker tones. I filled in some areas with Walnut Stain to add some brown. I then finished it off by crumpling my card stock up a bit, creating a few creases and going over the creases in the center and edges with Ground Espresso. This was my take on creating the grunge look.


Once I was satisfied, I decided that I wanted to activate the distress aspect of the ink but was bored of making the usual droplet effect. So I grabbed my SSS Kaleidiscope background stamp (which I haven’t used yet) and sprayed it with some water and applied it to my newly blended card piece. I then used a paper towel to dab off the pools of water to reveal the white areas of the stamp imprint. I was left with this really cool vintage looking print.






I then added some die cut elements. All of the dies I used were from Ali Express. The two lattice type cut outs were heat embossed with Lindy’s Stamp Gang embossing powders. I love these powders because they are two-toned and create such a nice effect. I’m not sure if SSS carries these embossing powders but I got mine through Amazon. Just try one set and I guarantee you’ll fall in love with them. I did some random stamping and embossing on the two other die cuts and chose to leave my sentiment white to help it stand out. For the sentiment, I used Altenew’s Inline Alpha Die set. I then for interest, I added some pearl and crystal stickers and the flower at the bottom.






So there’s my first attempt and I’m actually very happy with it! I will be entering it in the  Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge called “Grunge It Up!”

Thanks for viewing!

Comments

  1. Beautiful card the background is amazing and the design is wonderful love the metallic touch! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment as I always love hearing from you! 😃

Popular Posts