Pop Up 3D Vignette Alarm Clock and Fan Motif | Spellbinder November APG Die & Embossing Folder of the Month

 Hello Friends!

Today I'm sharing cards featuring the Spellbinders November APG Die and Embossing Folder of the Month called Pop Up 3D Vignette Alarm Clock and Fan Motif. Both sets are available to purchase on subscription in the Spellbinders' store now!! The embossing folder is actually a gorgeous one and it's very versatile! And the alarm clock makes such a great card that is perfect for hard-to-think-up masculine cards. 


Watch the Reel on YouTube

Like what you're seeing? Pin this picture for later on Pinterest!

APG Die of the Month


This APG is really a fun one and I love APG sets simply because the design is already thought up for you. Besides picking a colour scheme and getting used to putting these together, these sets are so esy to work with. And trust me, once you've put a couple of these together, the rest come easy!

I usually decide on a colour scheme and then use the included guide to die cut out all of the pieces first. This set uses a simple slot design and has no stabilizer bar (which some other sets have, like the gumball machine). I used some foiled pattern cardstock I had laying around and that's where I got my colour scheme of navy and rose gold foil. There is a detail frame piece that you can use with the outer frame for the clock face, but since I wanted to showcase the foil detail on the cardstock, I didn't use that here.

Here is a quick look at the guide. I cut the given number of each piece and altered the front and back piece as indicated, to work for my particular clock.




Once everything is cut, all you really have to do is assemble the face of the clock. I used some foam adhesives for the centers pieces to have them stand out. You could even use a really small brad with the hour, minute and second hands so they are functional and can move.

Next, I adhered the back and side pieces together and slotted the 3 center clock diecuts into the slots on either side. I folded the clock flat, and then adhered the clock face. I then attached the base pieces. I use the guide as a general idea of the process and then put it together in whichever way works for me.


Finally, all that is left is to add details and decorations. I used a mix of the dies from the Mini Blooms and Sprigs and Petite Floral Potpourri sets to cut, shape and add flowers and leaves to the clock. I also added the sentiment and clear gem embellishments. This card folds flat and fits perfectly into a 5" x 7" envelope.


Embossing Folder of the Month


To highlight the embossing folder this month, I embossed 2 pieces of cardstock. One was a 5.5" x 4.25" panel of Sizzix Opulent Charcoal Pearl cardstock. The other was a slightly smaller Rose Gold Pearl panel that I had foiled with all of the rectangles from the Essential Duo Lines Glimmer Rectangles set. I simply used a magnetic sheet (the one I use to keep my dies on) and lined up all of the rectangles. the magnetic sheet helps keep them in place while I add washi tape to adhere them together to form a single "plate" for easy foiling. I used Rose Gold Foil and put this through my Glimmer System. 

I also stamped out the Diamond Motif from this month's Clear Stamp Club Kit on white cardstcokw ith Pigment Craft Co's Blush ink. I used the coordinating die to cut this and two other pieces from charcoal pearl and rose gold metallic cardstock. I offset all three and adhered them together.

Then, I simply assembled the card with layers of foam adhesive and added some clear Gold Mix gems.


And that's my inspiration for the Spellbinders November 2022 Embossing Folder and APG Die of the Month! All of the products used here have been listed below for your shopping convenience!! 

Also, don't forget to check out/follow me on my Instagram account @deezinesbyd. I will be posting reels of these and other creations for future club kits!

Supplies 

(note: Any products not included here are linked within the blog text) 

Comments

Popular Posts