Mixing Die Sets: Say Yes, Happily Avo-After | Kat Scrappiness

 Hello Friends !

One of my favourite crafty things to do is to mix die or stamp sets and have them work together to create a scene. So I've taken the Happily Avo-After and the Say Yes die sets from the Valentine's Release Part 1 by Kat Scrappiness and strategically positioned the avocadoes and ring box. The result is this cute scene - I hope you like it too! 


Watch The Reel on YouTube

Like what you're seeing? Pin this picture for later on Pinterest!

To start, I die cut all of the pieces from the Happily Avo After and Say Yes die sets in green, glitter, charcoal shimmer, white and silver metallic cardstocks. I assembled the two avocadoes and the ring + ring box with liquid glue and foam squares for dimension. For the ring, I added some faceted holographic cardstock behind the stone portion to make it nice and shiny, like an engagement diamond should be.😁


For the background, I cut the Stitched Sunray Backdrop Die twice from white cardstock. I flipped one backdrop and attached the two together with double sided adhesive tape to create a burst that radiates from one center point rather than just the bottom (as you get with a single die cut). I added adhesive to the back of the double sunray backdrop and attached it to a 9" x 4" Sizzix Opulent white glitter cardstock panel. 


I attached the sunray and glitter panel to a 9" x 4" white card base and attached the ring box to the center with foam squares. I positioned the masculine avocado slightly behind the top of the ring box and the feminine avocado slightly in front of the ring box. I used the small hearts die from the Happily Avo-After die set to cut the hearts from red glitter cardstock and attached them above the feminine avocado.


For my sentiment, I used the Happy Days stamp set to heat emboss in white the "Happy Valentine's Day" on red cardstock and cut it out in strips. I added these with foam tape as banners to the topright of the card. Finally, I finished off the card with some Clear AB Glass Bubbles.

And that's my Kat Scrappiness card inspiration for today! As always, thanks for stopping by and don't forget to leave me a comment, as I love hearing from you! Please don't forget to follow me on Instagram @deezinesbyd where I've also post my reel for this card!


xxx

Supplies 

Comments

Popular Posts