Stencilled Elegant Snowflake Winter Cards | A Colorful Life Designs

 Hello Friends and Welcome!

I'm so happy to be guest designing this month for a great craft company called A Colorful Life Designs! They specialize in stencils and I love the variety of designs and how easy it is to clean off these durable stencils. Today I chose to use the Elegant Snowflake stencil with some glitter polishes by Creative Expressions. You can find all the details below along with a reel/video short of the process. And stay tuned for more inspiration throughout January.


Watch The Reel on YouTube

Like what you're seeing? Pin this picture for later on Pinterest!

Card 1


I started by painting a 5" x 7" card panel with Pitch Black acrylic paint from Creative Expressions. Then before it dried I added some Cosmic Shimmer Shaker powder in Dark Night to create a nice shimmer on top. The panel dried relatively quickly (5-10 min). Next, I used the A Colorful Life Designs Elegant Snowflake to stencil on the image in the center of the panel with gold glitter polish using the Creative Expressions Chocolate Box Duo Glitter Kiss Polish. Any gold glitter paste would work for this. I left the panel aside to dry and cleaned off the stencil. I must say that it was so easy to clean because it has a durable slick surface which I haven't seen in other stencils I have. Not to mention, I'm cleaning off glitter paste which isn't always easy.

For my final layer of paint, I added some white acrylic paint splatter and also some splatters of CE Boulevard Lights Pixie Sparkles.


Once the panel was dry I cut it down slightly and adhered it to a 5" x 7" white card base. I used the Altenew Fancy For You Die and cut 3 times, once each out of Gold Pearl Sizzix cardstock, gold glitter cardstock and black glitter cardstock. I adhered all 3 diecuts together in an offset fashion and attached them to the card with micro foam square adhesive. I also added a foiled sentiment strip from the Spellbinders Mini Everyday Sentiment set in Matte Gold Foil. 

And finally, I added some champagne coloured gems and a few Dress My Craft Heart Droplets.

Card 2


For this card, I ink-blended the edges of a 5" x 7" teal card panel with Galactic Stream and Starlight inks by Altenew. I added some water droplets that I dried off with a dry towel and then I stencilled on the snowflake image twice. This time I used the Lilac Frost Duo Glitter Kiss Polish and only used the silver glitter paste here.

After the panel dried, I adhered it to a 5" x 7" white card base and added a sentiment much like the last card. I used the Altenew Fancy Hello die this time with white, charcoal metallic and silver glitter cardstocks. And for the subsentiment I foiled the wording in Spellbinders Silver Foil using the Mini Christmas Sentiments Glimmer set. 


Finally, I added a few embellishments from Pinkfresh Studios called Iridescent Droplets. And both of these gorgeous winter snowflake cards were complete. I chose to use sentiments with the words "love" and "kisses" so that these cards could potentially be used for Valentines Day!

And that's my card inspiration for today! I definately recommend checking out the A Colorful Life Designs shop for your stencil needs, as I love this stencil and how these cards turned out! 

As always, thanks for stopping by and don't forget to leave me a comment, as I love hearing from you! Please don't forget to follow me on Instagram @deezinesbyd where I've also post my reel for this card!


xxx

Supplies 

Comments

Popular Posts