Adding Details Is Important | My Gouache Painting Journey

 Hello Friends and Crafters!

I've decided to start a new series on my Social Media Outlets called "My Gouache Painting Journey". I've recently discovered a new medium for painting that I absolutely love - and it's gouache! I used to paint a lot when I was younger and in high school, and it's been fun to re-visit it using watercolours on cards. Now that I've discovered gouaches, I'm ready to spruce up on my painting skills. So aside from regular cardmaking (diecutting, stamping, stencilling, etc.), I will be posting some paintings that I make as I learn all about gouache! Some I will turn into cards and some will be just for fun! I hope it's something you'll enjoy seeing too!


Watch the Reel On YouTube

Like what you're seeing? Pin this picture for later on Pinterest!

Here are some more photos of this painting. To see a short video on the various stages on the process, simply click the YouTube Video Short link above.  

I decided to venture out into the world of gouache and attain a different set of gouaches for this painting. I really wanted to be able to add tints of white and black to my colours, so I bought a moderately cheap set from Amazon. That's not say I won't go back to my Altenew set out gouaches, but I really want to try different brands to see which ones I like the most. So far, the quality of both gouache sets seems the same, but I have a wider range of colours with the new set.


For this painting, I learned a lot about the amount of time and details you add to your work. I only had about 30 - 45 minutes to complete this paintng in and I have to say that it shows. In comparison, I did another painting (that I'll share soon) where I spent 2-3 hours over the course of a couple days to complete. And the more time and details you add, the more realistic and pretty your painting will be. It's a hard but good lesson to learn. Nonetheless, I completed this painting as a de-stressor from a hard day in the little time I had. So it was still worth it!


I do want to add that I have been watching a lot of online YouTube Tutorials to figure out how to work with this new medium. And I'd like to give credit to one artist that I've been learning a lot from. Her name is Anna and her gouache tutorials are amazing ➡️Journal Away

And that's it for my Gouache Painting Journey today!

As always, thanks for stopping by. And don't forget to leave me a comment, as I love hearing from you! And don't forget to follow me on Instagram @deezinesbyd where I have a ton more inspiration!

xx

Comments

Popular Posts