Seahorse Kisses Collection by Dawn Woleslagle | Spellbinders

  Hello Friends!

Spellbinders has teamed up with Dawn Woleslagle to create this fun collection called Seahorse Kisses. My cards use a mix of products from this collection and it just screams underwater fun! Spellbinders also released 6 new colours of cardstock that work perfectly with this collection. I used the colours Sage, Fog and my absolute favourite, Peach Sorbet! 


Shop the Collection Here 👇

Watch the Reel on YouTube


Like what you're seeing? Pin this picture for later on Pinterest!

Card 1


For my first card I cut an A2-sized light blue cardstock panel and placed it in the Cast Away 3D embossing folder on the side with the peaks. I then added Altenew Aqualicious Ink to the opposite side with the valleys. I spritzed a bit of water onto the ink, closed the folder tight and ran it through my diecutting machine. I let the panel dry and used a blending brush to add some Altenew Rocky Shore and Caramel Toffee ink lightly over the embossed areas. I also darkened the edges a bit. 


I heated up my Glimmer System and foiled the sentiment from the Seashore Kisses Sentiments Glimmer Set in Silver Foil. I lost a bit of the dry embossing, so I put it through the diecutting machine with the embossing folder again. Finally, I added some ink splatter in Tumbled Glass and Salvaged Patina Distress ink. I also added some white arcylic splatter and silver matter pearls.

Card 2


This card was a simple and fun one to put together. I used Skybright Foil and glimmered the large plate from the Seahorse Floral Glimmer Set on a 5 1/4" x 4 1/4" light blue cardstock panel. I rounded the corners of the panel and used the Essential Stylish Ovals Set (also released this month) to cut the ovals in the panel. I used every other oval to get a decent width for each oval. Then I attached them to an A2-sized top folding white card base, also with rounded corners. I lifted the middle and second oval outwards with foam adhesive.


The sentiment was foiled in Blush Foil from the Seahorse Kisses Glimmer Sentiments set and cut with the coordinating die. I attached this to the card along with a mix of Pinkfresh Aqua Glitter Drops, Sky Blue Jewels and Clear Gems.

Card 3


This card uses the new Sage cardstock cut to slightly smaller than A2-size and I randomly foiled the undersea images from the Under The Sea Glimmer Set using Starburst foil. I foiled an x-square frame from one of Spellbinders older Christmas frames sets. I cut this down and foiled the subsentiment from the Seahorse Floral Glimmer Set in gold foil on the square. I foiled the thanks sentiment with the same foil and cut it with the coordinating die. I assembled the square frame with a pink border and adhered it to the card with foam adhesive. 


The little fish on the frame was added as a leftover from the next card (foiled in black foil and coloured with Copics). And I finished this card off with Leaf Glitter Drops and Matte Gold Pearls.

Card 4

For my final card, I randomly foiled the Under The Sea Glimmer Plates with Opal Foil on the new Peach Sorbet cardstock. I cut this slightly smaller than A2-size and adhered this to an A2-sized card base. I cut a strip of new Fog cardstock and foiled the sentiment from the Seahorse Kisses Sentiments set in Rose Gold Foil. I attached this tothe card with foam adhesive.

I also foiled a few images from the Under The Sea Set in Black Foil and coloured them in with Copics. I cut them with the coordinating dies and attached them to the card. Finally, I added some Pinkfresh Studio Sparkling Champagne Pearls which match the cardstock nicely.


And that is my card inspiration for the Seahorse Kisses Collection! 
As always all of the products used here have been listed below - Happy Shopping!

Also, don't forget to check out/follow me on my Instagram account @deezinesbyd. I will be posting reels of these and other creations featuring this months' Spellbinders releases throughout the month!

Supplies 

Comments

Popular Posts