Songbirds of Happiness | Pinkfresh Studio Challenge

   Hello Friends and Crafters!

Here's a card I made especially for the Pinkfresh Studio September 2024 Challenge . The challenge this month is about leaves & wreaths and so I thought that the Songbirds on Branches set would be perfect for this. They also have a color scheme which I don't usually use, but I did this time since I just purchased the entire ink line. I used the colors Raspberry Bliss, Paradise, Mulberry Blush, Mimosa, & Citron. I used the Around the Shape: Circle and the various circle dies they have to create the wreath shape and then positioned the die cuts around this.  I also have a reel on Instagram showing a bit of the cardmaking process, so please check that out too (link below)!


Challenge Sketch

Watch My Reel
To watch on Instagram (click below)👇


Like what you're seeing? Pin this picture for later on Pinterest!

I really liked the idea of encircling these two cute songbirds from the Songbirds on Branches suite. So I used the Around the Shape: Circle stamps to stamp out the sentiment. I then used a mix of the Nested Circles and Folk Edge Circles dies to cut out the sentiment. I cut out a brown glitter cardstock shadow to make the senitment circle stand out a bit and I felt that this circle could double as the wreath frame for this card.


I then foiled the Songbirds on Branches HFP with Espresso Foil and added the suggested colors of inks to the image with the coordinating stencils. I cut everything out with the coordinating one-piece die and set these diecuts aside. 


I embossed and cut a white panel with the Dotted Scallops cover plate die. I think this one is now obsolete but I love how simple & pretty it is. I added Mulberry Blush ink just on the edges of the panel. Then I used a mix of liquid glue and foam adhesive to put all of these images onto the A2-sized white side folding cardbase. Finally, I added some Espresso Jewels to match the brown glitter cardstock circle and Espresso foil.

As always, thanks for stopping by. And don't forget to leave me a comment, as I love hearing from you! And don't forget to follow me on Instagram @deezinesbyd where I have a ton more inspiration and a short reel for this card!


- x -

-----x---- Find DeeZinesByD Online ----x----

Blog: https://deezinesbyd.blogspot.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DeeZinesByD/

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/deezinesbyd/

Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.ca/deezinesbyd/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8rkN79rqvpGRKCSufIQJAg


Comments

Popular Posts