All The Poinsettias with Yana's Amaryllis Christmas Collection | Spellbinders

 Hello Friends!

This post is part 3 of my creative workings with the new Amaryllis Christmas Collection by Yana Smakula and it's all about poinsettias! I had so much fun working with this collection and the Festive Poinsettia BetterPress plate is ideal for creating a ton of gorgeous backgrounds for Christmas cards. This plate has a coordinating layering stencil set and with so many options of colour schemes, the possibilities are endless. I only made 4 cards but I easily could have created so many. I hope you like these and this collection as much as I do! 

Shop This Collection in the Spellbinders Store👇

Watch The Video Tutorial from Part 1 of my Posts for this Collection on YouTube👇


Like what you're seeing? Pin this picture for later on Pinterest!

Here are some more photos of these cards with a little bit of a description of their creation processes.

CARD 1

My first card was made by using the BetterPress System to press out the Festive Poinsettia letterpress plate with the BetterPress Archival black ink. I then used the layered stencils which coordinate with this plate to lightly add some reds, greens and browns to the images. I used a mix of inks from different brands but unfortunately I forgot to keep track of the ink colours. I was really just in the zone of creating and wanted to just enjoy the process; do you ever have this feeling or type of crafty session too?

After the panel was done, I used the Mirrored Arch Label dies to cut the panel in the center and create a black glitter frame using the Jewel Tones Glitter Cardstock pack. I also letterpressed the sentiment from the Home for Christmas Sentiments set on white cardstock and set it behind the opening of the panel. Then to add a little interest, I added a die cut poinsettia from the Holiday Blooms die set. Finally I added some gems from the gold mix from Spellbinders in the center of the floral and on the card background.


CARD 2

This card background was made using the same Festive Poinsettia BetterPress plate and Pinkfresh Studio Ballet Slipper ink. Then I inked up the panel with the coordinating layered stencils using gold pigment ink, greys, beiges and light pink inks. Again I used a large mix of brands.

I kept this card simple by just cutting off strips from either side of the oanel and attaching it to a white card base. I foiled the sentiment from the Home For Christmas set with Matte Gold foil, cut it out with the coordinating die and attached it with foam adhesive. I also added some interest with some branches, hollies and flowers from the Christmas Blooms die set. Then I added some gold gems to complete the card.


CARD 3

This card was pressed using some Pinkfresh Rocky Slope ink and the same Festive Poinsettia plate. Again I added colour with the stencils in reds, greens and browns with a light hand to get a softer look.

I completed this card by letterpressing another sentiment from the Home for Christmas set on white cardstock in black ink. I lined the sentiment strip with strips of Silver Pearl Metallic cardstock from the Spellbinders Treasured Cardstock Silver Assorted Pack. Then I atached it near the bottom along with some pink glitter drops.


CARD 4

My final card background was made using the same Festive Poinsettia BetterPress plate and Pigment Craft Co Himalayan ink. I added some more vibrant reds, greens and browns with the stencils.

And again, I kept this one simple. The design in the background is so impressive, you don't really need to add to much more. I pressed the sentiment using black archival BetterPress ink on Peach Sorbet cardstock. I cut it at an angle and lined it with a strip of gold glitter cardstock. Then I added some gems for sparkle.


And that is part 3 of my project inspiration using Yana's Amaryllis Christmas Collection available at Spellbinders. All of the products I used are listed below, if you're interested too.

Also, don't forget to check out/follow me on my Instagram account @deezinesbyd, where I have a lot more content and cardmaking ideas! 

-x-

SUPPLIES

Comments

  1. Your cards are gorgeous!! Thank you for sharing your talents with us!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment as I always love hearing from you! 😃

Popular Posts