Blooming Bouquet Card


Hello All, I have a new card front I’ve made to enter into the Altenew Inspiration Challenge again. I think this will be my last entry for this challenge as I’m beginning the whole moving process and my crafty items will be packed away 😢. 


I liked the idea of filling in an outlined stamp image as you can see is the case with the Inspiration 
image below. However, to change this up a bit I wanted to do it with gold heat embossing on a black card stock. I felt like it makes the image pop a little more. The image I used is the big bunch of flowers from the Altenew Blooming Bouquet stamp set. I also used some of the individual flowers and leaf images stamped separately to make the initial bunch bigger when I place these images on the final card. 



I then used Prismacolor Premier Pencils to colour in the flowers using the oranges, yellows and pinks. I absolutely love these coloured pencils since they glide so easily onto the paper and the colours are phenomenal. I then fussy-cut the big bunch of flowers and the secondary images. 


I used some watercolour paper to create the background. I simply put a couple drops of Altenew Orange Cream, Rose Quartz, Buttercream and Jet Black ink from my re-inkers on an acrylic block and used a watercolour brush to add a bit of water and flick the ink onto the paper. Once dry, I used some Versamark Clear Embossing ink and the same Ranger gold embossing powder to stamp on the sentiment. This sentiment is from the Altenew Build-A-Flower Carnation set. I then used some foam squares to prop up the cut out images and stick them to the background to add some dimension (it’s difficult to see this in the pictures). 


I finished off the card just like the Inspiration image with some coloured sequins and Voila! There you have it! I really liked colouring this image in with the coloured pencils so I think I’m going to be doing more of this in the future. Quick tip: I initially started blending the colours with some gamsol, but I actually found that it dulled the colours on the black cardstock. So if you ever try this technique on black card stock just skip the gamsol.

As always thanks for viewing😁!

Comments

Popular Posts