Handmade Altenew Flowers Patterned Paper Background Card



Hello all! So this is my first post and my first blog ever. I got into scrapbooking and card-making over the past couple years after my two daughters were born. I used it as a way to de-stress and make keepsakes for when the girls get older. I’ve made a bunch of cards and completed two scrapbooks with no place to post my creations... so here it goes. 


I’ve been really into making my own patterned paper lately so I thought that I would use this technique for a card background. I specifically made this card as part of the Altenew Inspiration Challenge using the colour theme and 2 of the same stamp sets.





I basically started stamping the outlines of each of the flowers while masking each previous flower I had stamped one-by-one. I built up the pattern outwards from the center and stamped a few solid black flowers too. After stamping everything in black ink, I simply used the masking paper cut outs to add the layered colours to each flower. As you can see, I didn’t use all layers on all flowers so that there was some variation in the shades of colour of each flower. 


I then used a couple more Altenew sets for the sentiment, which I heat embossed in gold on black card stock. I finished this one off with some clear and opaque AB sequins. I thought this had a different look to it and I think it turned out quite nice. I hope everyone else likes it too. 

Thank You for viewing!!


Comments

Popular Posts