Life in Bloom Card


Happy Tuesday! Today I’m quickly trying to get in a post for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. This week’s challenge was to add a sentiment and feature Clearly Besotted stamps. I actually only have one stamp set from them so far and it’s the Miniature Florals. I chose to use these beautiful florals as a background/border on the card. I stamped them in MFT black hybrid ink using my Misti Stamp Tool. I also used the Dahlia Blossoms Altenew stamp set for the sentiment. I felt that “Live Life in Full Bloom” was quite appropriate with the florals.



I decided to keep this one simple and colour the flowers using Prisma Color Colored Pencils. I blended out the colours using gamsol and some paper stumps. I love the blending step since it’s really cool to see how the colours spread out and blend into each other like real flowers do. I initially was going to keep this one-dimensional but I actually double stamped the images with the Misti and didn’t line up my stamps properly on the sunflower and roses. So I stamped separate images of those and the pink flower on the other side of the sentiment to even it out. I cut those out and adhered them over top of my mistakes with foam squares. I’ve seen this done on other vlogs and it’s definitely a lifesaver since most perfectionists out there (like myself) would probably just start all over (yes, the thought did cross my mind).



Thanks for viewing!

Comments

  1. Delightful card! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Add a Sentiment” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment as I always love hearing from you! 😃

Popular Posts