Thank You Card- Inside and Out

Hello Everyone! Today I’m going to do one of my signature posts which show you the front and inside of a card I made. I’m going to be entering this one in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge called Layer It Up, featuring Concord & 9th stamps (another one of my favourite stamp companies).


I started off using Concord & 9th’s Triangle Turnabout Stamp for the blue background. I used Starlight, Persian Blue, Sapphire and Caribbean Sky Altenew dye inks for the colours. I also heat embossed with Ranger Silver Pearl embossing powder over the sapphire triangles. I was just experimenting there... not really sure where I was going with it. I then die cut the center out of the patterned paper. I know most people would use this cut out on another card, but I like to tie in my front and inside of the card with cut outs like this (I’ll get to this later). I used the espresso and walnut colours of distress ink to create a brown background on a panel of card stock with a blending sponge. I then flicked some water on it to get the water droplet effect. Once dry, I stamped and heat embossed with Ranger white powder, the ‘thank you’ sentiment from the Concord & 9th Flower Turnabout Stamp set. I liked this sentiment because unlike all others I was searching through, I found it was small enough to fit on my card. This is to go in the opening that I cut out of the triangle patterned paper made earlier.



I used the Altenew Build-A-Flower Carnation stamp set to stamp out a couple carnations, leaves and floral pieces using Rose Quarts, Pink Diamond, Blush and Cotton Candy Altenew inks. I die cut these out to place on the card front and inside. I tried to put my card together, placing the die cuts around the die cut triangle background cut out but felt like something was missing. So I drew an outline with a Versamark marker around the inside die cut area and heat embossed it with Ranger copper powder. I also added some copper washi tape around the edges of the card backing. I then attached the brown background with the sentiment to the patterned apparently and attached this full panel to the card backing with foam tape to add dimension. I finally arranged and attached the diecut carnation, leaves and flower elements.


Here is a picture of the inside of the card. I continued the brown walnut and espresso on the inside with the blending sponge again. I also added the diecut piece from the front triangle background to the left panel of the inside. And just like the front I arranged the die cut elements. I left the right side of the card blank but felt it needed something, so I added some heat embossing in Ranger copper powder. I used the flower elements from the same Altenew stamp set. And there you have it!!



Once again I hope you all like that I’m showing how I put together the insides of my cards too. I really feel like it deserves as much attention as the front and I, personally, hate leaving them plain.

As always... thanks for viewing!

Comments

  1. Totally love your layering! The details are BEAUTIFUL!! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Layer It Up” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment as I always love hearing from you! 😃

Popular Posts