Thank You Card with Pattered Paper


Ok so this is my second post for today! I’m planning on entering the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge with this one. Their challenge this week is patterned paper and that’s right up my alley (as you can see from my previous blog posts). You can choose to feature doodlebug paper but I chose to make my own. Most of the supplies I used are from SSS, including some of the Altenew stamps used. 




I used the Altenew Garden Treasure stamp set to create a patterned paper on blue card stock, 
using some Altenew blue inks and Hero Arts Unicorn white ink. Then I cut it into a center panel to use on white card stock. I first covered the two sides of the card base with blue Tonic Nuvo Mousse (love this stuff) and adhered the patterned paper to the card. The “Thank You” sentiment is from a MFT stamp set along with the rest of the white embossed sentiment. 



The one thing I regularly notice is that we are always shown card fronts and never the insides. I wanted to make my blog a little more unique by adding how I choose to decorate the inside of a card as well as the front. So here is the inside of this card - as you can see, it’s just as important and decorated as the front. I like completing a card by doing more decorating inside the card and feel it needs some show time too. 


On the inside, I continued using the Garden Treasure flower and bud stamp, but used it as a die cut piece (I actually didn’t have the dies for this and fussy-cut these ones). I stamped the flower filigree patterns in Smokey Gray Tsukineko Versafine ink. Then to colour the little flowers I stamped down some of the blue inks used in the flowers on an acrylic block and used some water and a water brush to add colour there. 


To make the filigrees pop, I added some silver sparkle Tonic Nuvo drops along the swirls/stems and black Tonic Nuvo drops to add little dots at the end of the swirls. The little butterfly was made using the EK Success Tools Layering Butterfly punch. I was too lazy to find the right colour card stocks so I just coloured in the punched pieces with blue Spectrum Noir pens. And finally I used the clear sparkle Spectrum Noir pen over the cut out flowers and punched butterfly. 


And there it is! I hope you enjoyed this post or were somehow inspired. And I especially hope you like my twist on showing the inside of cards too. Thanks for viewing!


Comments

  1. Very pretty card, love the design on the inside.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment as I always love hearing from you! 😃

Popular Posts