Lattice Flowers

Happy Thursday All!

Today I’m going to be making a card with a die cut background which I’m going to use as a type of lattice to fit my florals and leaves through. It kind of looks like the flowers/vines are growing around the background die as you can see below.






I used a bunch of Altenew flower stamps with Pink Diamond, Pinkalicious, Rubellite and Razzleberry Altenew Inks. And I used the Altenew Forest Glades and Evegreen Inks for the greens. (Also some Expresso Ink for the centers). The flowers I used were from the Vintage Roses, Vintage Flowers, Floral Fantasy, Peony Bouquet, Coral Charm and Precious Moments stamp sets. Of course the intense use of Altenew products is because, firstly, I do love them and lastly, because I will be entering this in the Altenew Inspiration Challenge.



I started by using a background die which I got from Ali Express. I usually get my stamps from the actual brand companies out there (Altenew, SSS, WPlus9, etc.) because if you want good quality stamping, you need good quality stamps. However, when it comes to dies, unless I’m getting coordinating dies for my stamps, I get them in huge hauls from Ali Express. The price point is literally $20-30 for a background die from a brand company versus $3-10 on Ali Express. This means huge savings. But I do have to admit that certain dies are just too irresistible from the brand companies and that’s where I splurge. So anyways, I used white card stock for this background die. I then stamped out my florals and leaves and did a combination of die cutting and fussy cutting to get all my pieces. Some of the stamped elements I had to colour in with the inks and an acrylic block using a water brush.


I used some pink metallic washi tape to put around the edge of my card base where the card front is. Then I layed out my floral elements on the card front with the background die where I wanted it. Some of the vine like elements, I fed through the lattice of the background die cut. I also stamped “You Define Kindness” in Versamark embossing ink and heat embossed this sentiment with Altenew Gold Peach embossing powder. I fussy cut this out too. Once I had figured out where everything would go and had fed through the pieces I wanted, I adhered the background die (with the fed through pieces attached) with foam squares. I then adhered all my elements with Tombow Mono adhesive. I finished off the card front with some gold glitter Nuvo Drops, peach sequins and some small clear gems.


And as always, I decorated my card inside. I kept the front simple but added a burst of green to the inside. I blended some Lucky Clover Distress Oxide ink and some Pine Needles Distress Ink together with a blending tool. I then used some Sparkle Tsukineko Simmer Spritz and some water spray to add the droplet effect with the distress inks. I then arranged and adhered a few more floral elements and sequins. I kept the inside pretty simple this time but very colourful!







And that’s it! Thanks for viewing!

Comments

  1. What a radiant and beautiful card! The colors are perfect together too! Thank you for joining the Inspiration Challenge at Altenew!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment as I always love hearing from you! 😃

Popular Posts