Pink and Green!

Hello there!

I’ve only ever blended distress inks, so I decided to use my blending tool with Altenew Inks today.


I used Pinkalicious to spread some colour down from one corner of the card and faded it out half way down. Then I used Forest Glades to add colour from the opposite corner and faded it out 1/4 of the way up to leave some white in between. I wanted to add some layers, so I flicked some colour droplets of Rubellite on the pink end and some Evergreen on the green end with a water brush and acrylic block.


I also have so many colours of Deco Foil lying around so I chose to use the champagne colour today. It didn’t quite turn out how I wanted it to because I was a bit too lazy to get out my laminator.  I stamped the Altenew Arabesque Medallion stamp with Versamark ink and used Rangers sticky embossing powder. Then I applied the foil and put it through my BigShot machine to get the foil to stick. I also burnished the foil with a bone folder. However, it didn’t come out so solid and gave a faded effect which wasn’t what I wanted but still looked pretty nice.




I then stamped and diecut out an Altenew Anemone Flower and leaves using Pink Diamond, Pinkalicious, Rubellite, Mocha, Forest Glades, Evergreen and Maple Drizzle inks. I also heat embossed the outline of the stamped images with Ranger Princess Gold powder to tie it in with the champagne foil. I think it’s worth noting that I stamped on a glossy card stock for the die cuts. I found it created a really vibrant colour but you have to heat set in between your layers to avoid smudging! This is definitely a technique I want to use again! I then placed and glued my pieces on with Tombow Mono adhesive. I added a gold and black strip where I heat embossed with Black Ranger powder the “Hello” sentiment, which I got from the “Frosted Garden” stamp set. As you can see, some of the black powder strayed and I forgot to brush it off before heat setting it. So I just tried to cover as much of it up as possible with pearl and crystal gems. I have a whole bunch of these stick on gems and they actually come in big packages as strips of gems from the dollar store! I save so much using these and they are so nice! You just have to search around for a dollar store that carries them. I finally put my card front onto a white card base just to ensure I had a white inside. I actually put some black ink on the four edges of the front of the card base so I had a black border here to make the card front pop. 






So once again the intense Altenew use is again because I am entering this in the Altenew Inspiration Challenge. I chose my colours based on the inspiration image below.



Thanks again for viewing and please leave a comment!


Comments

  1. WOW. The details in this are just breathtaking! And your coloring is just spot on! Thank you for joining the Inspiration Challenge at Altenew!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment as I always love hearing from you! 😃

Popular Posts