Valentine’s Day Card! Inside and Out

Hello Everyone!

I have a new post today! It’s a Valentine’s Day card...and I had a lot of fun with my ink blending tools and distress ink and distress oxide inks! I plan on entering this in 3 challenges: the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge called ‘It Must Be Love”, the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge called “Love is in The Air” and the SSS Send A Card to a Friend Day blog challenge.


 I used a standard letter sized white card stock trifolded in the landscape orientation. I then die cut the bottom 1/3 with the Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Border die. I then used the SSS Heart Breeze die to create the heart swirls on the top 1/3 of the card. I used Black Soot Distress Oxide Ink to cover this portion of the front and Lucky Clover and Twisted Citron Distress Oxides for the hilly part of the front. I also decided to sprinkle the black portion with some water to let the oxides work and create the white droplet affect. I then stamped and die cut the two hedgehogs from the Lawn Fawn Hedgehogs set and coloured them in with Copic Markers. I adhered them to the front on the hill that was die cut with double-sided tape. I also chose to colour one of the hearts that were cut out from the Heart Breeze die and adhere it in between the two hedgehogs. I used the accompanying sentiment to the stamp set, ‘sending hedgehugs’ and stamped that on with MFT Black Licorice Ink. I used some scrap white card stock to adhere to the card underneath the diecut hearts, but first I covered the peice with Abandoned Coral Oxide Ink and heat embossed the entire peice with Ranger Holographic powder. And this powder is great because it is clear with a sparkly, glitter component that makes your paper look like glitter paper. BUT it’s much cooler because it will take the colour of whichever ink you place under it. So in essence, I ended up with an Abandoned Coral glitter paper! 😎


For the inside, I went crazy with the heat embossed resist method! I used the Altenew Halftone Hearts set to stamp all those hearts and heat embossed them with Ranger Silver Pearl powder. Then I just let loose with my blending tool, sponges and distress inks. I used Candied Apple, Abandoned Coral, Fired Brick and Picked Raspberry. It really gave that Valentines look I was going for on the inside.


I added a white rectangle on the center 1/3 of the inside to add my sentiment which was also from the Halftone Hearts set. I stamped it in MFT Black Licorice ink using my Misti to make sure that it was straight. Then for interest I decorated the top portion of the inside with a die cut out that looks like a square lattice or 3D cube lattice of some sort. I actually got this die from Ali Express in a huge haul with a bunch of other dies (big saver!) It’s really trippy and it made a nice background for those 3 hearts I diecut to put on there. Then I just covered the entire lattice die cut with Black Licorice Ink!


I outlined the 3 Hearts with a fine black sharpie and used the inner tracing of the actual die to do this. Then I used some Abandoned Coral Oxide ink to highlight the edges of the hearts. Finally, I added the 3 sentiments, XOXO, I❤️You and Kisses from the Altenew Halftone Hearts set as well. The Kisses comes from a sentiment that is actually “Hugs & Kisses” but I just inked up the Kisses portion to get the desired sentiment.


I then placed everything on with some dot runner adhesive and there you have it! my Valentine’s Day Sending Hedgehugs Card - Inside and Out! Once again I really hope there is an appreciation for me posting how I decorate my card insides! I hope it inspires at least one person to consider going buck wild on their card insides like I do!


Thanks for viewing as always! And please leave a comment and let me know what you think!

Comments

  1. I love your card. The design is awesome an those hedgehogs are so cute! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea - I really do need to start doing more to the inside of my cards - I hardly even add a sentiment to them lol.

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... I'm happy I had a chance to inspire you!

      Delete
  3. Fabulous card, love the heart swirls, I know you have to use them twice but you wouldn't know it.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment as I always love hearing from you! 😃

Popular Posts