3D Jewel Layered Flowers

Hello All!

Today I have a new idea for layered stamps. I was really trying to think of different ways to use my Altenew layered stamps. I tried different things including embossing each layer with glitter embossing powder, which didn’t work out so well. Lately, I’ve been adding lots of jewel embellishments to my scrapbook layouts and cards, so I thought why not create a jewel layer in my layered stamping. Of course this would only work with stamped images if you added the jewels to the last layer. But then adding the jewels on a stamped image makes it hard to cover that entire layer and maintain the actual shape of that layer. I will be trying this in a later post, however, to see how it turns out. So I decided to use the jewels on the middle layer of a 3D layered die. In this case, I chose to use the Altenew 3D Floral Fantasy dies.



I’m going to be entering this in the Altenew Inspiration Challenge, so my colours are chosen based on the following image.

Altenew _March 2018_Inspirationphoto

I actually used Peach Perfect Altenew ink (not shown in the picture by accident) with a blending tool to cover a piece of white card stock. And then I covered two other pieces of white card stock with Abandoned Coral Distress ink. I covered one piece lighter than the other to get 2 different shades of the same colour needed for layering. I had to use Distress inks here because I’m actually waiting on my order of the new Altenew Tea Party ink set. I then die cut each layer of the Floral Fantasy flower.


Next, I added my jewels to the middle layer in two sizes. These jewels I have are from the dollar store. Not all of them carry these strips of jewels so you have to find one that does, but once you’ve found one, these are great! They’re about $2.50 per pack which is a lot of jewels that already have an adhesive backing. You can apply them in strips or cut them and add them one by one, which I do with my craft knife. Especially for this method, cutting one by one comes in handy in tight corners where you want to cover as much of the die in jewels as possible.


 I then adhered the jewel/middle layer to the bottom peach layer with Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue. And to adhere the top layer to the jewel/middle layer I used some double sided Scor-Tape. This tape is really strong and will help adhere the card stock to the jewels. And you can see that the final flower looks very nice, almost like a fabric applique. 


I then used Altenew Tide Blue and Turquoise inks to stamp out some leaves from the Altenew Winter Rose set. Once again, I would have used the Sweet Dreams ink set but I'm waiting to receive them in the mail.


I used some Altenew Sand Dunes and Caramel Toffee inks to stamp out some flower and leaf background images in the center of my card front. The stamps are the outlined smaller images from various Altenew sets (Garden Treasure, Build-a-Card Carnation, Beautiful Day and Peony Bouquet).


I die cut a scalloped oval from the center of the card front for dimension. 


At this point I felt the background was too white and brown. I wanted to add some more of that coral colour. So I flicked some droplets onto the card front with a water brush and acrylic block.


For my sentiment, I used a "Happy Birthday!" stamp from the Concord & 9th Many Mandalas set. I first, heat embossed with Ranger Silver a piece of card stock. I added Altenew Translucent Pearl embossing powder on top of the silver to add some glitter. And then I stamped the sentiment with Jet Black Archival Ink to ensure the words do not smear on the embossed surface. 


I then placed and adhered the cut out leaves with the flower jewel die cut on top of the scalloped oval die cut piece. I adhered this to the card front with foam adhesive to create dimension and the rest of the background I adhered flat to the card base.




And there is my finished product! I kept the jewel flower as my focal point and wow, does it shine! I love how this looks. I think this has a really glam look and I hope you all love it as much as I do!

As always thanks for viewing and please leave a comment!

Comments

  1. This is so very pretty! I love your creative process! Your dry-embossed oval die and stamping are superb! The silver-embossed sentiment adds such a lovely touch, too! Thanks so much for playing Altenew March Inspiration Challenge! FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so brilliant and elegant! So happy you could join in the fun at the Altenew Inspiration Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your jewel layer is so pretty and so unique, what a wonderful idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment as I always love hearing from you! 😃

Popular Posts