Sparkle Wonderful

Hey everyone!

Today I have another scrapbook page. I tried to keep it simple this time which is where I’ve been trying to improve on my layouts. I usually get carried away with all the little elements I can add and overdo all my elements and I think I curbed the urge this time.




I used the Altenew Winter Rose stamp set to stamp out the layers of each rose on black cardstock. I had to use Hero Hues Unicorn white pigment ink to stamp the first layers so it would show up on the black cardstock. I originally used Altenew Dye inks from the sets Pocket Full of Sunshine, Sea Shores and Cherry Blossom, however, they turned into different shades/colours on the unicorn ink. So I had to go over the colours again with the last 3 layers in Color Box pigments inks. This was the only way I could get the right colours to show up on the black cardstock. I think next time, I will experiment with the colour changes that occur on the white pigment ink+black card stock with the Altenew dye inks, but that will be another project. The last layer was stamped with Black Onyx Versafine ink.


I then cut out each flower because I don’t have the associated dies. Next I wanted to use the Title “Sparkle Wonderful” and wanted it to actually sparkle. So I put some double sided adhesive on both sides of a piece of white card stock. On one side I added some Wow Silver iridescent glitter and burnished it in with a bone folder. I then used dies to cut out the desired sentiment “ Sparkle Wonderful’ and the adhesive I had put on the other side made it easy to adhere it to my scrapbook page.


I then placed all my elements on my scrapbook page with black and white stripes which was from a Recollections 12x12 pad. After adhering all my elements with Tombow Mono adhesive, liquid glue and tape runner, I attached my sentiment. I added some clear gem strips in two sizes along with some glitter hearts from that same piece I created. I finished off my piece with a punched flower from black cardstock and a sentiment from the Altenew Precious Moments stamp set, heat embossed in Ranger Silver powder.





I am going to be entering this in the Altenew Sketch Challenge and my colours and layout were from the following sketch.







Thanks for viewing! 

Comments

  1. Thank you for joining our Sketch Challenge at Altenew! We cannot stop looking at this adorable layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that all of your layers were worth the effort. The colorful stamping on the black background is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment as I always love hearing from you! 😃

Popular Posts