Spring Birdie

Hello All!

I decided to make a last minute entry for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. This week's challenge is called "whatever the weather". I saw a lot of rainy entries and I'm looking out my window and seeing too much rain myself. In an attempt to relieve the rainy blues, I chose to focus on the result of rain, which is the growing flowers and birds that come out and start chirping once the rain is gone.

I chose to use a colour pallet of navy blue, soft pink, peach and grey! I noticed this used on a TV commercial and thought it was a nice mix of colours. In this case, I used Altenew Desert Night, Frosty Red and Limestone inks. 


I also wanted it to have a bit of sheen so I used Simon Says Stamp Powder Steel Navy, Ranger Silver and Altenew Golden Peach embossing powders. I recently got the SSS powder steel navy and I am in love with it! I find myself choosing colour schemes that include it just to use it!


I basically used my WPlus9 stamp sets to create a floral background. I used various floral and leaf images from Southern Florals 1 & 2, Fresh Cut Florals, Merry Florals and the sentiment, bird and branch images from All Year Cheer.


Once I had my background, I die cut an oval  in the center. I adhered my background to a soft pink card base with foam squares adhesive. I don't have dies for these sets so I fussy cut the images that I put in the oval opening. I simply placed my cut pieces where I liked them and carefully adhered them with liquid and foam adhesive.        
  

Once my sentiment was stamped with MFT Black Licorice hybrid ink, I went over it with a Wink of Stella marker. I also added some clear white and navy blue gems to the background flowers, bird tail and around the sentiment. And voila, there you have it!


Comments

  1. Love your gorgeous card! The embossed image and patterns are so beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment as I always love hearing from you! 😃

Popular Posts