Watercolour Flowers

Happy Friday everyone!

Today’s card was made for the Altenew Inspiration Challenge for March. I love the colours that they chose for this month, especially the blue paired with the coral. Unfortunately for me, I haven’t been able to buy the Tea Party set yet. I’ve just moved and our finances are tied up in both houses, waiting for the old house to close so I’m eagerly waiting to buy these once things clear up. So for now I just used the Abandoned Coral Distress ink for my corals. 




I chose to use the Altenew Adore You stamp set to stamp out some flowers on watercolour card stock with onyx black Versafine ink. I used my Misti for this because I wanted to stamp a couple times to get a nice dark black outline. I then used the Abandoned Coral Distress ink, Altenew Paper Bag, Dark Chocolate and Caramel Toffee inks with a waterbrush to colour in these flowers. I did a couple layers to get a darker colour while drying in between with a heat gun. I also used some Altenew Moss ink for the leaves. Since I don’t have the corresponding dies for this set I fussy cut these out.




Next I worked on my background. I chose to use some Ranger opaque white texture paste with a grid stencil from My Favourite Things on white card stock. I spread on the paste so that it kind of faded out towards the center. I then let it dry for a good 30 min to ensure it was dry. 


I then used a blending sponge to add some Altenew Turquoise ink to the textured panel. I tried to add extra ink towards the edges to create the center faded effect again. 


I decided to use the “hello” sentiment from the Altenew Blooming Bouquet stamp set. I stamped it using Caramel Toffee ink and then stamped and heat embossed it with Altenew Translucent Pearl powder.  I love this embossing powder because it takes on the colour of anything you stamp and gives it a nice gloss, sheen and glittery look. 


I don’t know if there is a Die for this sentiment but I chose the fussy cut it out too. I then used a fine knife to cut out the centres of the loopy letters ( yes, I just made up that word🤫). 


Finally I arranged my flowers and sentiment on my card background and adhered them with different layers of foam adhesive. There were 3 levels of flowers to create a nice 3D effect. On the final card I added some sequin embellishments which can be seen in the first picture.


And as usual, I always try to decorate my insides and today is no different. I used a nice coral coloured card stock for my card base. I had to cut two pieces and adhere them since my card was pretty big. But before I adhered them together or to my card front, I heat embossed the inside edges with the same floral stamps used on the front. 


I first used the Simon Says Stamp blue metallic embossing powder for the outlines. I used a bit of masking to create a seamless flower bunch. I then used a Versafine watermark marker to partly colour in the flowers and added some heat embossing to those areas with some Lindy’s Stamp Gang Cleopatra Copper embossing powder. I found this colour gave a nice sheen also and was close to the browns used on the front. 



And that’s the final card. I hope you all like this and please leave a comment! Thanks for viewing!





Comments

  1. How awesome!! Love seeing your process and use of supplies! Your card is gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing Altenew March Inspiration Challenge! FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors are on point! You did an awesome job here. Thank you for joining the Inspiration Challenge at Altenew.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment as I always love hearing from you! 😃

Popular Posts