Majestic Friends- Inside and Out

Hello All,

Thanks for stopping by! Today I have another inside and out card. This one is for a special friend I’ve had since primary school. So much time goes by and it can be months or even years and we still connect and catch up. And each time it’s like time hasn’t even passed.


Anyhow, this one is for her and I’m entering it in the Altenew April Inspiration Challenge. My colours were chosen based on the below Inspiration image. I will also be entering this in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - this week’s theme is Anything Goes.


I used the Majestic Bloom stamp set to stamp out the first, second and third layers of the flower in Morning Frost, Evening Grey and Lava Rock Altenew inks. I also used some of the leaf outlined pieces from the set to create a gray-toned background.


I then stamped out and fussy cut 2 flowers using Rose Quartz, Deepa Iris, Midnight Violet and Jet Black. I also used some Caribbean Sky on the center of the flower for a touch of blue. I stamped out some leaves in a Jet Black and heat embossed in Ranger Copper and Gold powders. Then I fussy cut these as well.


I punched a design into each of the 4 corners of the background using the Romantic EK Success Tools corner punch. I attached the background to a black card base and arranged the flowers and leaves around the sentiment shown. I picked this one from the Aster Build-A-Flower set. It has such a great sentiment for friendship and I find that most of the build-a-flower sets have great sentiments like these. The sentiment was heat embossed in Ranger Copper also. To finish off the front, I added some Nuvo clear dew drops on the sentiment banner and around the flower. I also added some black square gems to each corner.


On the inside, I tried to keep it simple this time. I used some of the background that I used on the card front on the inside to tie together the inside and out. I usually use my scraps from the front of the card to do this as I find that I usually don’t use most of my scraps on other projects. I added some gold washi tape to the side of the background panel and some marble white and gold washi tape to the top and bottom edges of the card inside.


I then heat embossed, in Ranger Gold, the sentiment on the inside. This one is actually from the Shoe Wardrobe Collection stamp set from another company I love called “The Ton”. They do couture stamps and I think their couture style goes really well with Altenew’s highly detailed and classy floral images. I also decided to stamp one of those set of shoes on the background panel in Midnight Violet. I finished off the inside with a couple small strips of clear square gems.




And there you have it - A beautiful, majestic friendship card! Thanks for stopping by and please leave a comment... I would love to hear what you guys think!



Thanks for viewing!

Comments

  1. This is GORGEOUS! I love everything about it! 💛

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Deepa! It's so elegant and pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment as I always love hearing from you! 😃

Popular Posts