Mother’s Day Roses

Hello Everyone!

It’s been a while since I last posted simply because I’ve been working on mini albums for mother’s day. I will be posting those later on but for now I have a simple Mother’s Day card I made using the Altenew Build A Flower Rose stamp set. I just received it and couldn’t resist!

`
I'm going to be entering this in this month's Altenew Inspiration Challenge as the colours were inspired by the below image. I'll also be entering this in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge and for Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday.


I used my Misti with some masking paper to stamp two identical rose backgrounds. As the avid stamper knows, the Misti is ideal for doing this. I stamped one background using Altenew inks: Rose Quartz, Soft Lilac, Lavender Fields, Deep Iris, Midnight Violet and Espresso. And the second background was with Altenew inks: Morning Frost, Limestone, Silver Stone, Industrial Diamond, Pure Graphite and Jet Black.


I then used the Altenew Bold Alphabet Dies to die cut the word "mum" in the center of both backgrounds. It was important to die cut in the exact same spot on both identical backgrounds so the stamped images are continuous when the cut letters are interchanged.


I then stamped the first rose layer and third leaf layer on vellum, along with the little flower images from this set and the swirl and leaf image from the Altenew Hello Sunshine set (used on the far right). I heat embossed using Ranger Rose Gold embossing powder and die cut/fussy cut these images.


I rounded the corners of my background before I added it to a black card base. I placed the vellum images around the sentiment and glued them on using Tombow Mono liquid adhesive. I then attached the "mum" sentiment cut from the grey background using foam squares to add dimension, allowing that word to stand out.


I heat embossed in Simon Says Stamp opaque white embossing powder the "Love and Hugs" sentiment which is from the Altenew Sketchy Florals set on some black cardstock. I placed this below the "mum" sentiment with foam squares to break up the white and roses.


Finally, I added some matte black and clear purple sequins with my jewel picker. And there you have it! This was a very elegant and simple card and I had a lot of fun stamping the rose images. This Altenew set has 6 layers for the rose, which takes longer to stamp but creates such a real and detailed image.

I hope you like it! Thanks for viewing!

Comments

  1. We are simply blown away by this stunning card!!! Thank you so much for playing along and joining the Altenew Inspiration Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful creation. Love this card, the design and the colouring is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so gorgeous and elegant...luv the colors and beautiful flower stamp!I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment as I always love hearing from you! 😃

Popular Posts