Beautiful Peony Blossoms

Hello,

I’m back for another post I made especially for the Altenew Sketch Challenge #9. My layout and colours are based on the image below. Lately I’ve been doing a lot of card making, which I like, but I love scrapbooking and have lots of pages to do since I’ve had a second child! It’s such a great way to capture memories! I would be so honoured to win one of these challenges as I would love to buy the Altenew scrapbook collections to use.



Anyways, I used a white 12 x 12 piece of cardstock for my background. I stenciled on the first layer of the Altenew Watercolour Bouquet in Altenew Coral Bliss Crisp Dye Ink. I allowed it to dry and then used Versamark embossing ink with the second layer of the stencil and Ranger gold embossing powder. Finally, I used the Altenew Sketchy Floral stamp set and some masking tape to stamp portions of this stamp around the stenciled image in Altenew Starlight ink.


On the side, I stamped out some Peonies from the Altenew Build-A-Flower Peonies set. For the first layer I used Altenew Pinkalicious, Pink Pearl, Pink Diamond, Mango Smoothie, Buttercream and Warm Sunshine inks. For the second layer, I heat embossed in Altenew Antique Gold embossing powder and die cut the flowers. For the centres of the flowers, I used the center dies on some Darice Core’dinations white holographic glitter card stock. I also heat embossed in Altenew Antique Gold some leaf images from the same Peony stamp set and the Rose Build-A-Flower stamp set on vellum, which I also die cut.


I then stamped out my sentiment. I used the Altenew Circle Sentiments set stamped in Versafine Onyx Black so that I could add some Altenew Transluscent Pearl embossing powder over the top. I then diecut this with the coordinating die.


I then stamped out the word “beautiful” on some dark blue card stock and heat embossed in gold. This sentiment is actually from The Ton called Peony Notes Set A. This is such a nice and big sentiment that it’s perfect for scrapbook layouts. I don’t have the Mega Greetings stamp sets from Altenew yet, which are also good for this, but they’re on my wish list.


I then arranged and adhered on all my elements and picture with Tombow Mono permanent runner or liquid adhesive. I also stamped the sentiment “inside and out” in Versafine Onyx Black which is also from the same stamp set from The Ton.



Then as a final touch I adhered some AB sequins all over my layout. I always say you can never have enough embellishments as long as they’re subtle!



And there you have it! I hope you enjoyed viewing my page!


Comments

Popular Posts