Flowers After the Rain

Hello again!

Here’s another post for this month and this one is for the Altenew May Inspiration Challenge. The colours are chosen based on the Inspiration image below. I will also be entering this in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge called “Stencil It’.








I chose to use the Altenew Cube Builder stencil with a blending tool and Altenew Pinkalicious and Aqualicious inks.



I then die cut a couple of flowers from the Altenew Peony Dream 3D Die Set in white card stock, along with the leaf dies in black cardstock.



I usually do a lot of stamping so I wanted this card to mainly be stenciling, die cuts and my favourite... heat embossing. So I chose to heat emboss various parts of the flower and leaf layers in Altenew Rose Gold, Altenew Transluscent Pearl, Ranger Copper and Zing black sparkle embossing powders.


I adhered the layers together with Tombow Mono liquid adhesive. I find this helps get the layers in the right spot since you get some wiggle room to move the die cut before the glue dries, unlike a tape or dot runner. I also chose to add some shimmer to the white areas of the flower with a clear Spectrum Noir marker. I found that these flowers were too plain for me so I wanted to add something different. So I used some Ranger Ultra Thick clear embossing granules on top of the assembled flowers. Since these granules are thick they create a nice sort of glaze and droplet effect, which actually looks like the flowers have just been rained on. It’s actually a pretty neat effect and something I want to experiment with in the future.


I tried to take some pictures where you could see this effect below.




For the sentiment, I chose the “Thank You” from the Altenew Majestic Blooms stamp set. I heat embossed this onto a strip of vellum in that Rose Gold powder again. I added a shadow to the sentiment in white gel pen. You can’t see it much but it helps the sentiment stand out on the vellum on that busy stencilled background.




Once all the elements were assembled on the card front as shown, I attached it to a white cardbase. I also added some clear gems in varying sizes.





And that’s my card for today! I hope you enjoyed viewing this post and hopefully something inspired you!



Comments

  1. Beautiful card! love how you used embossing powders on the flowers! the effect is absolutely beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! barbara

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment as I always love hearing from you! 😃

Popular Posts