Masculine Anniversary Card - Inside and Out

Here’s another post of a card I made for my husband for our wedding anniversary that just passed. I don’t always post all of my creations but this one seemed to be suitable for this week’s Wednesday Simon Says Stamp Challenge. This week’s challenge is called “For the boys” and it features LawnFawn products. I don’t include LawnFawn products on my card front but instead use them on the inside.


I used the Altenew Cube Builder stencil with some Ranger Silver and Hero Arts White Embossing powders on black card stock. I cut this to size and used some silver washi tape to create a border on a white card base. The sentiment “Made with Love” was diecut out of some Darice Core’dinations red glitter cardstock. This sentiment die was actually purchased on Ali Express (where I get most of my general dies since they are super cheap). 



I glued the sentiment on a die cut piece of vellum. I used the die from the Concord & 9th stamp and die set called Many Mandalas. I also stamped one of the mandalas on this vellum die-cut in Staz On Spiced Chai ink. I always use Staz On ink when I use acetate or vellum for stamping. This prevents smudging and the ink coming off unlike regular water-based dye inks.


I stamped the “For You Husband” part using a combination of LawnFawn and Concord &9th stamps sets. I found the “For You” sentiment in one of my LawnFawn stamp sets but can’t recall which one. There are so many useful short add on words in LawnFawn stamp sets that it really comes in handy when tailoring your card sentiments. The “Husband” part of the sentiment is stamped out letter for letter using the Perfectly Penned Concord & 9th stamp set. This one is also very useful for tailoring sentiments and makes it easy to join one letter to the next.



After assembling my card front using Tombow Mono liquid adhesive, I added some varied sizes of clear gems. I also used some clear Nuvo drops on the red glitter sentiment to give a nice bubbly sheen.


Finally, the inside of the card was created using some more LawnFawn and Concord & 9th products. I used the Bicycle Built for You stamp set for the Bride, Groom and bicycle image. I die cut and coloured them in using some Copic Ciao markers. I simply drew on the dashed lines with a thin black Sharpie. And the sentiments here are from the Many Mandalas Set again. The “Happy” from the main sentiment is from the “Happy Happy Happy” LawnFawn stamp set. And the “anniversary” is from the Altenew Stunning Cosmos stamp set.


I think this card is a perfect example of how you can combine multiple sentiments from multiple stamp sets to get your desired card, even if the stamp set is not made for a specific occasion. This is where I find that Alphabet stamp sets come in handy.




Anyways, I hope you liked my card! Thanks for viewing!

Comments

  1. This is such a lovely card. I'm sure your husband loved it. The outside is so cool looking with all your attention to detail, and then you open it up and there's an even cuter surprise!! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Misty

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment as I always love hearing from you! 😃

Popular Posts