Inside and Out: SSS Beautiful Flowers Card with Inside Ink Blending

Hello and Welcome Back!

Today I finally got a chance to open up my Simon Says Stamp June 2018 Card Kit! I think I was one of the last people to buy this kit since I got it late at night and the next morning it was sold out! This is the first kit that I've bought because between the 3D Tim Holtz Embossing Folder and the SSS Beautiful Flowers stamp set it was seriously a no brainer for only $34.99 USD! 

I will be entering this in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge themed "Bright and Cheerful" featuring Hero Arts products. I don't have too many Hero Arts products that I've used for this card but I did use the Gold water-based ink for my card front droplets.

I have a video below that shows you how I decorated the inside and out! And if you would rather read, go ahead and follow along. Please note that I have a full list of supplies at the end of this post. 




I really love that the floral image from the Beautiful Flowers stamp set so I chose to make this my focal point, along with the "BEAUTIFUL" sentiment. What I did was stamp the sentiment first and then I used Molotow Masking Fluid to fill in the sentiment. I then used my stamp positioner to stamp that large floral over top of the sentiment. I double-stamped (the beauty of the MISTI) in MFT Black Licorice Hybrid Ink as this is Copic friendly. Since the Molotow was on the sentiment, I rubbed off the dried up fluid and it revealed my sentiment, perfectly visible due to the mask.


 I went ahead and did some Copic colouring with my Copic Ciaos. The flowers in YR20, YR02, YR00 and Y00, leaves in YG41, G02, G00 and centers in E47 and E35. I also coloured in the center of the sentiment in a Sakura White Jelly Roll Pen to cover any colouring mistakes and make that sentiment stand out. 


Next I masked off the florals with some Post-it squares since I didn't need a perfect mask for this. And I flicked some Hero Arts Gold Ink with some water on an acrylic block, onto the white background for that droplet effect. I used the Peony Notes C stamp set from The Ton to stamp out the "Have a" and "Birthday." sentiments in Black Onyx VersaFine.


I added some strips of Die Cuts With a View Copper  Metallic card stock to the top and bottom of my card base. Then I adhered the card front with some 3M 3D Foam Tape for some dimension. I finished off the front with some small and large self-adhesive clear gems.

Now on to the inside!


I chose to use some Abandoned Coral, Fossilized Amber and Antique Linen Distress oxide inks to create the orange to yellow fade from the top and bottom of the card inside. I simply used an ink blending tool for this, nothing fancy. I then stamped the same floral image from the front into the top and bottom edges in MFT Black Licorice ink. I made to make this image more soft and subtle since it is the card inside and I wanted to colours to stand out more. I also added some Ranger Holographic Embossing Powder over the faded parts to create that glittery shine! I just held my VersaMark Ink pad at an angle and added more pressure to the orange part of the fade (the video really helps to illustrate this). 


This effect is so gorgeous that I'll definitely be doing it again! I finished off the inside with a sentiment that tied in nicely to the "BEAUTIFUL" sentiment on the front of the card. It is from the Altenew Beautiful Inside stamp set which is a really good set for inside sentiments. I stamped this and the little berry branch (that's what I'll call it) in Black Onyx VersaFine Ink. I added the little branch to help center my sentiment as I stamped it off-centre. 


And of course, just like the front, I added some of those small clear gems to the berry branch as the berries. If you like this card please follow my blog and/or video, I'll have more for you!

And there you have it! The first of many cards I'll be making with this kit. I know it's a bit late to buy the card kit but SSS still has the stamp set available for purchase separately (and it's definitely worth buying!)

As always thanks for viewing!

_____________________________
SUPPLIES
~




Comments

  1. Beautiful card. Great coloring on these pretty flowers. I love the way you split the sentiment also. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment as I always love hearing from you! 😃

Popular Posts