Inside and Out: Background Stamps and Stamping for Father's Day

Hello again and welcome back to my blog!

Today I have a couple Father's Day cards to show you with background stamping. I'm using a combination of large background stamps and showing you how I use simple, small stamps to create backgrounds too.

If you like reading, follow along through this post and if you'd rather watch a video just click the video link below. Note: I will be posting how I decorated the insides of these cards too, so subscribe if you would like to see that!


-----------------------UPDATE-----------------------

I've also just uploaded the Inside video (after the "out" video below), officially making this an "Inside and Out" post! Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------







For the green card I used the Altenew Pattern Play Circles stamp set with some Ranger Silver embossing powder. Then I coloured in the various circles with green Zig Clean markers (No. 45, 46, 40, 48, 44). I used some Strathmore Bristol Smooth for this just because the markers blend so well on it. I love the overall geometric and colour layering that happens with this. 


I did the exact same thing with the second card except that I created the background myself. I used the 2 larger triangle outline images from the Altenew Simple Shapes stamp set to randomly stamp all over the cardstock. Then I heat embossed it in Ranger Gold EP. I made sure those triangles overlapped so I could create a blended colour effect when colouring these in. And my inspiration for this image was the Simon Says Stamp Abstract Triangles background stamp. I love this stamp but haven't purchased it yet and just wanted to show you that you can create somewhat of the same effect with stamps you may already have. 


I coloured this one in with Copic Ciaos in a bunch of blue colours (B39, B29, B24, BG19, B00, B05). And I love the overlapping of the triangles when colored in!

I went on to creating my card bases and coloured a thin border around the edges in Wink Of Stella Silver and Gold Glitter Brushes. I then adhered the coloured backgrounds to the cards.




I finished these off by adding my sentiments to a blue and green piece of cardstock, die cut using a die from the Concord & 9th's Blooms Fill In die set. I added a little v-shaped stamp on the top and bottom edges of the die cut pieces and heat embossed it in Silver or Gold EP. This comes with the  Blooms Fill-In stamp set. I added the "DAD" sentiment using Concord & 9th's Bold & Brushy Uppercase stamp set. I really like this set and it's versatility. An added plus is that these letter are large enough to create a nice big sentiment that's not too big for a card but big enough to stand out! The "Happy Father's Day sentiment above this is from LawnFawn's Dad and Me stamp set. And the same sentiment on the green card is from the My Sentiments Exactly Father's Day Innies and Outties set. 

And apart from some Mono Liquid Glue adhesive and tape runner that's it! Pretty simple but nice and masculine Father's Day cards! Hope you liked it! Stay tuned because I will be posting how I decorated the insides of these soon! For now here's a peak at the insides.


This is the inside of the Blue Triangles card ↑. And here's the inside of the Green Circles card ↓.



Thanks for viewing!

_____________________________
SUPPLIES
~
Embossing Powders: Ranger Gold EPRanger Silver EP
Adhesive: Tombow MONO ADHESIVE DOTS DISPENSER Permanent 3M 2 INCH WIDE POST-IT TAPE 36 Yards White Mask | Tombow MONO MULTI Liquid Glue Two Applicators | Tombow MONO Adhesive PERMANENT Tape Dispenser



Comments

Popular Posts