Inside and Out: Christmas in July 3D Panel Card

Hello There!

So it's been a while since my last post and I thought I would recognize Christmas in July by making this 3D panel Christmas card. I use the same technique/style as the cards I made in my last post but with a couple changes. Also I'm very excited to be using my free trial of linkdeli! So you'll notice my product list at the end of this post is much nicer and you can actually click on the links to view/buy any products you like from this post! 😃

If you would like to see how I made this card, just click on the YouTube video link below. And as always, if you'd rather read please follow along.


 So here's the card front!
 And here's the card inside!

So I started off by using the highly versatile Concord & 9th Blooms Fill In stamp set to stamp the background on a white piece of cardstock. It's important to use a stamp positioner like the MISTI here so you get even pressure and only have to stamp once. I used VersaMark embossing ink so I could heat emboss with Altenew Rose Gold EP. This gives such a great shine! I then stamped some of the flower elements from the set and heat embossed those in Ranger Liquid Platinum EP.


I then cut my background down to size and cut it into 5 equal 1" panels with my Tonic Tim Holtz Guillotine cutter. I also cut the tops and bottom of 4 panels except the center. The two outer panels were cut 1/2" on top and bottom, and the two panels directly beside the center panel were cut 1/2" on the top and bottom. This creates a graduated look as you get to the center panel. I used this very nice red glitter cardstock from Darice Core'dinations to be my backdrop on the front of the card base. (Card base made using Hammermill printer paper 100lb). And then I adhered my panels in the following manner: middle panel with 2 layers of foam, 2 panels around the center with one layer of foam and the outermost panels flush to the card with be creative double-sided tape. Unlike my last three cards in the last post, I did leave a bit of a gap between the panels so that some of that red glitter cardstock could show through. 


As you can see you get this cool art panel look! I then die cut the Simon Says Stamp Season's Greetings sentiment from black cardstock. I did this 3 times and stacked my die cuts to get a thick sentiment. I then adhered it to the card front with Tombow Mono Multi liquid adhesive. I also used the coordinating dies with the Blooms Fill In set to die cut some flowers and leaf fronds. I simply put my ink pad to the paper to colour these elements. For the flower is used Altenew Crimson and Velvet ink. And for the leaf fronds, I used Altenew Evergreen ink. 


I then positioned the flower and fronds onto the front as the focal point. And I finished this card front off with some Glossy Accents on the sentiment die cut and the flower and fronds. I also added a clear gem to the center of the flower, because I can't not have an embellishment! 😊


Last but not least for this card front, I used a little trick of mine. I try but usually fail when trying to keep track of those dots for the "i's" and apostrophe's in my die cutting. So in this case I simply used some Ebony Black Nuvo Crystal Drops to make the dot and apostrophe in this sentiment! Super cool trick - saves time - go ahead and use it!

Now on to the inside!


For the inside I die cut a bunch of those flowers and leaf fronds from white cardstock. I then coloured them with my Altenew mini ink pads and the small stamp elements from the Concord & 9th stamp set, as I did with the card front.


I then proceeded to glue the flowers and leaves onto the bottom and top edges of the card inside. And any overhanging pieces were cut off. I added and extra flower in the top left corner of the card with a 3D foam square too. 

For the greeting, I used a stamp from the Altenew Beautiful Inside stamp set. I've showcased this set before and it is truly a godsend for card inside sentiments! As always, I eyeballed it and stamped the sentiment in VersaFine Vintage Sepia accidentally a little off to the left. So to make it look intentional and centered (another of my tips and tricks), I added a second flower with some 3D foam in the bottom right corner there. 

So I went crazy with the Glossy Accents and added it to all of the flowers and leaves. I attached 2 gems to the center of the top left and bottom right 3D foam-adhered flowers. And I also added some Ebony Black Nuvo drops to the centers of the flowers along the top and bottom edges. Now since the Glossy Accents acts as an adhesive on top of giving you that shine, I cut two 1/8" pieces of DCWV Gold Metallic cardstock and attached it to the top and bottom edges of the card inside. I would recommend waiting until the Glossy Accents is dry and then cut off the overhanging pieces of cardstock strips. 

 

And voila! There you have it - my Christmas in July 3D Panel card! I hope you liked this card and it inspired you in some way or form. Please subscribe to my blog or YouTube channel to see more and please leave me a comment!

Thanks for viewing!


_______________________
Supplies List

Comments

Popular Posts