Feeling Metallic: Inside and Out

Hello there! 

It's been a while since I had my little one and I finally have some time to craft again!! YAY! I have to admit I've been suffering from crafting withdrawal. So this card is a thank you card that I will be entering in the Altenew Inspiration Challenge, Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge and Wednesday Challenge



This one was mainly inspired by the Altenew image below but I love participating in any challenges I can, hence the SSS entries!


So I had ordered this pack of Die Cuts With A View Metallic papers. It has some silver, gold and rose gold metallic sheets and glitter sheets with adhesive on the backs already. I tend to buy these nice papers and never use them, so when I saw the inspiration for this week I thought using the silver would be perfect. 


I used the Altenew 3D Garden Picks dies to cut out the flowers in some Recollections pink and gray cardstock and the leaves in green cardstock. The flowers have 4 layers so I used the pink and gray cardstock with the silver and glitter papers. The leaves have only 2 layers so in order to incorporate the green cardstock, I used the same die for as with the silver metallic layer but just offset it as I adhered the two layers together. I also added some shimmer onto the coloured cardstock for some sparkle like the other layers. 


I then started to work on the background with the Altenew Floral Shadow stamp set. I used a 5' x 7' white cardstock piece and stamped the images using the two-tone stamping technique in Altenew Denim Gray and Cloudy Night Crisp Inks.

Then to have the floral die cut elements stand out on the background, I cut out a circle from some shimmer vellum that I just bought (so excited to use it!)  I adhered the die cut elements onto the vellum with some Tombow Mono liquid adhesive. I chose a white 5' x 7' cardstock card base and cut 1/8'' on each side of my background to allow for a border. I then adhered the vellum with the floral elements onto the background with foam squares making sure they do not show through. But before I did that I stamped my sentiments in Black Onyx VersaFine ink with my Misti. This sentiment is from the Altenew Handpicked Bouquet stamp set. 


I finished off the front with some pearl embellishments and added the floral centers with gold and copper Nuvo Drops. If I could I would actually omit the Nuvo Drops next time as I think it doesn't go too well with all the silver. 


Then I continued the pattern on the outside on the inside with the Floral Shadow stamps. I taped off a 2" section at the bottom of the card with some painter's tape to ensure there was space on the card for an inside sentiment and some writing. I used the Altenew Limestone ink for this since I wanted it to be lighter and have more of a watermark/grayscale effect. I then had a leftover die cut flower and leaf to add to the left panel to further tie in the outside to the inside.


And there you have it!!

Comments

Popular Posts