Magnolia-riffic : Inside and Out



Hello!

So I've made a bunch of cards and now have to catch up on my blogging, so here goes another one for the Altenew Inspiration Challenge, Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge and Wednesday Challenge. Once again this one was specifically inspired by the image below the card picture.




I had recently ordered the Altenew Build-A-Flower sets I was missing (I may as well just get the subscription). I was so ready to use this magnolia set. So I did some subtle stamping using Altenew Rose Quartz, Parrot, Olive and Moss for the Magnolia. For the outline, I used MFT Black Licorice ink, one of my favourites! I then die cut this out as the Build-A-Flower sets come with the coordinating die.


For the background, I used some light gray Recollections cardstock and heat embossed in white various stamps from the Altenew Baroque Motifs stamp set. I always go to my VersaMark Watermark ink for heat embossing - it's just one of the first I've used and like and haven't ventured out to see how others are. I then used Altenew Charcoal Suit, Cloudy Night and Denim Gray inks to darken and fade outwards around each Baroque stamp with a blending tool. I saw this technique used by Altenew's Lydia and the Frosted Garden stamp set when it was released.

I then cut about 1/4' on the top and side of my background, so that the light pink Recollections cardstock I was going to use as my base would show through. Since the background was a bit busy I used some shimmer vellum as a vertical stripe down the front so I could have the stamped Magnolia stand out along with the sentiment (also from the BAF Magnolia set). I used some Onyx Black VersaFine ink to stamp the sentiment and heat embossed it in clear Ranger embossing powder. This should be done really carefully with on the shimmer vellum to prevent burning - always heat up your heat tool completely first before applying it to the paper.


The card base is 5' x 7' and I assembled the front making sure to stick the vellum to the background on the back so you cannot see the adhesive. I also finished off the front with some black jewels.


For the inside (because I always do my insides - my specialty!), I stamped some more baroque images on the top and bottom of the to and bottom panels and heat embossed them in silver Ranger embossing powder. Then to tie in the green used on the front I used a light green copic marker to colour in some sections on the images. I also added some pearl embellishments to tie it all together.




And there you have it!

Comments

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment as I always love hearing from you! 😃

Popular Posts