Winter Wonderland Card Outside

Hello all and welcome to my inspired project!
I've decided to keep my blog posts a bit shorter now due to the current COVID situation and because I have absolutely no time to do anything nowadays with taking care of the little ones and facilitating virtual learning on a daily basis. I've never looked forward to weekends so much in my life (the only time I get to do anything for myself)!


With that said, lets get to it. I was inspired to create this card outside by the SSS Sensational Snowflake Collage Wafer Die. A lot of my creations lately have been mimics of dies or cards with the stash you already have. Once again, Covid means a lot of us cannot afford new craft items and so I've found that this mimicking hack works great for getting a certain look with out the extra $$$.


I basically used my square and rectangle dies to create 5 openings in the center of a 5" x7" card base. Then I used my Sizzix Tim Holtz Paper Snowflakes Mini dies to die cut 5 snowflakes out of some white glitter cardstock. In this case, I created the glitter cardstock myself as I was running out of what I had. I just used some White WOW! Glitter with some double sided tape paper (Sookwang) on some white cardstock. I simply applied the double sided tape to the cardstock, removed the release paper so the sticky side is up and burnished in some white glitter. This is a little trick I saw Jennifer McGuire use and I don't think I'll ever buy glitter cardstock again. This method is great!!



I then created a blue alcohol ink background on some Yupo White Cardstock. I used Sailboat Blue, Pool and some Pearl Metallic Alcohol ink. Once dried, I attached this to the back of my 5 rectangle cut out cardstock. Then I glued on the snowflakes and added my sentiment in Nocturne VersaFine Clair ink, which is from the Altenew Modern Deer Stamp set. For the "wonderland" die cut, I used the Tim Holtz Sizzix Christmas Sentiments dies and silver metallic cardstock. 


To finish off this card front I added some embellishments including Studio Katia Silver Foil Confetti Sequins and some Morning Dew Nuvo Drops. 



I hope this has inspired you to use what you have in your stash to mimic some great brand name dies. 

Comments

Popular Posts