Inside & Out: Spellbinders Mother's Day Cards

 Hi there and welcome back to my blog. It's been quite a while since my last post and a long while since my last video. In honour of Mother's Day, I've created a couple Mother's Day cards that I'd like to feature here. After all, it is that I became a mother for the third time that I've been so busy that I had to put my blog and YouTube channel on hold. So here's to all the Mother's and I hope you find something inspiring in this post! 😊

If you prefer to watch the video, please click the ink below. If not, please read on...






So here I created 2 slimline cards with dimensions 8" x 4". I used some Clear Path 80lb Navy and Turquoise cardstock with the Spellbinders April 2021 Large DOM. I chose the lattice and flower border dies and affixed them together with some washi tape to create on big border die, which I ran through my die-cut machine. I then created the inside white card base with a small 1/4" border around 3 sides. 

I tend to have troubles choosing a colour palette and so I usually search online for a pallete with a couple colours I like to find a few more that match. I chose to use navy blue, mint green, coral, heartbeat red and silver metallic cardstock for one card and in the other I used turquoise, yellow, coral, chocolate brown and mint green. I used various types of cardstocks including Recollections and Sizzix Surfacez Opulent cardstock. I also created my own coloured cardstock using Altenew Crisp Dye Inks Coral Bliss and Heart Beat. I simply applied the ink straight from the ink pad to a white piece of cardstock, making sure the ink was dry before further use. 





I then used a floral piece from the Spellbinders Ornamental Floral Card Creator Small DOM June 2020 to cut out a die-cut from silver metallic cardstock and Rose Gold cardstock. I used the die inlay technique to set the rose gold pieces in the petalled areas of the flowers along with some mint green cardstock for the leaves using some Simon Says Stamp Craft Tacky Glue. I then proceeded to do some copic colouring of the petals and leaves with some copic ciaos (petals: RV29, RV04, BV21, leaves: YG41, G02, YG67). 




I then used some VersaFine Clair Medieval Blue ink with a couple sentiments from the SSS Mom's Clematis stamp set to stamp out the inside of my card before affixing it to the card front. I also attached the floral die cut in rose gold cardstock to tie in the outside and the inside. 

I then used the little flower and leaf dies from the Spellbinders Large DOM with the cardstocks I previously chose. Once affixing the card base to the card front with some Sookwang double sided tape and some glue, I arranged my floral die cuts on the card from and attached them with the craft tacky glue. I added a few flowers to the inside of the card as well and finished the front with some AB LolliBeads from Amazon.

 


For the turquoise card, I pretty much made the card front, base and inside in the exact same manner, except I used some VersaFine Clair Warm Breeze ink and did some additional foiling with Rose Gold Spellbinders foil and the flower border glimmer plate from the April 2021 Spellbinders Glimmer Kit. 




I also did some foiling using the Spellbinders Glimmered Botanical Glimmer Plates and Sizzix Surfacez Opulent Rose Gold cardstock. This is a nice set because it combines foiling and layered die cuts to obtain the two flowers in the upper left corner of this card. Then much like the last card, I cut out the leafy and floral peices from the different coloured cardstocks and arranged them on my card front. 




I wasn't lying when I said this post was Spellbinders-heavy, was I? I used some die-cutting, die-cut inlay, foiling and stamping and i hope you found some useful ideas here. I should probably stick to one technique next time right? haha. 




Thanks again for visiting my blog and feel free to like and subscribe to my blog or YouTube Channel. any positive vibes or comments are greatly appreciated!


_____________________________
SUPPLIES
~
Stamp Sets & Dies: Spellbinders April 2021 Large DOM | Spellbinders April 2021 Glimmer Kit | Spellbinders Ornamental Floral Card Creator Small DOM June 2020 |  Spellbinders Glimmered Botanical Glimmer Plates | SSS Wake Up and Make Up Stamp Set | SSS Mom's Clematis Stamp Set
Embellishments: AB LolliBeads

Comments

Popular Posts