Masculine Leaves Part 2 | Focal Point Leaf Clusters

So here is Part 2, to follow my last post, using the SSS Outlined Clustered Leaves die as my card inside and outside focal point. The process is pretty much the same for the card inside and slightly different for the front, so let's get into it. 


Card Front

I started with some foiling using my Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil System and some Navy Blue Cardstock, sized 5" x 7" for my card front. 

- use a 3" by 5" rectangle die to cut the center from the blue cardstock

- Foil scalloped border and Happy Birthday Sentiment from the Spellbinders Rectangle Essentials & Sentiments glimmer kit using Spellbinders Silver Foil onto the 3"x5" rectangle (you can also trim down this rectangle a little bit to create another border around it)

- Use the SSS Leaves and Berries Background stamp with VersaMark embossing ink and SSS Steel Navy embossing powder to heat emboss the blue frame left over from the initial card front (using a stamp positioner for this really helps as you may need to stamp this image twice to cover the entire frame.)

At this point, you have to transition to making the card inside. I usually make my card inside before attaching anything to the card front so that if I do any stamping, I'm not going to run into any issues with incomplete stamping because of dimension on the front of the card. 

Card Inside

- cut a matching card base from the Sizzix cardstock in silver pearl

- stamp sentiment on card inside using Altenew Beautiful Inside stamp set and VersaFine Clair Nocturne and Medieval Blue inks (make sure to heat set sentiment with heat gun on this type of card stock to prevent smudging.)

- Cut out the focal point twice using the SSS Outlined Clustered Leaves die, once using the same Navy Blue cardstock and again using Sizzix Opulent Silver Matte Metallic cardstock

- Adhere the silver leaf cluster outline die-cut to the inside of the card in the manner shown (for this used SSS Craft Tacky Glue). This time adhere the entire die cut.

-Adhere the blue leaf pieces to the inside of some of the outlined leaves and the rest around the leaf cluster outline to create a bigger bush/branch

Back to the Card Front

- Adhere the blue frame and foiled rectangle sentiment to the card base as shown below

- Glue the blue leaf die cut to the card front (I used Bearly Glue this time - I just got mine and wanted to give it a try), only attaching the main vines of the branch so that the leaf portions are left unglued (they can be lifted up)

-Glue on the silver leaf centers for each leaf, slightly offsetting the leaves

- set the gold leaf outline die-cut and green die-cut leaves for the card inside

- finish off the card front with some embellishments including Silver LolliBeads and Lucy's Cards Dark Sapphire Mix jewels

- and finally I added some white dots in the center of the berries and randomly throughout the card front with a Sakura White Jelly Roll Pen

And there you have my final card! I hope you found some inspiration in this post. Please leave a comment, I love hearing from you!





Comments

  1. Very attractive card! and inspirational. Thanks for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment as I always love hearing from you! 😃

Popular Posts