Alcohol Ink Background Christmas Card | Make the Cards Challenge #26

 Hello again and welcome to my blog!

I have another post for the Make the Card Challenge #26 and this one is a sketch challenge so let your imaginations run wild! In honour of Christmas in July, I've chosen to make a Christmas card and I'm very happy to be making it a slimline card. I'll use some alcohol inks for my background, along with some die cuts and glimmer foil to make a non-traditional coloured card. And I'll show you how I designed the inside as well! So sit back, relax and enjoy!

If you would like to watch the video, you can click below:



So this challenge is a sketch challenge and you can take some or all of the elements of this sketch and change them up and make a card of your own. The possibilities are endless and I can't wait to see what you make!

Here is the sketch to follow:

Here was what I created:


And I did it as follows:

- Use Tim Holtz Ranger Alcohol Inks in Cloudy Blue, Cool Peri, Shell Pink, Sailboat Blue, and Pinata Brass along with some 99.9% IPA to create background on 5" x 7" White Yupo Cardstock providing movement with We R Memory Keepers Marker Air brush tool

- cut background down to 3.5" x 7" and then cut off 3 - 1" pieces from the bottom

-glimmer foil the ornament + Merry Christmas from Spellbinders Ornament Glimmer set with Polished Brass Foil on Teal Recollections Cardstock and fussy cut


- Cut sentiment with sentiment die from Spellbinders Holiday Sentiments Glimmer Plates & Dies, along with 2 more strips from same cardstock

- Assemble background with washi tape by placing the large alcohol ink piece at the top, then a plain strip, then 1" alcohol background, then a plain strip, then 1" alcohol background, the sentiment glimmered strip, then 1" alcohol background

-cut off overhanging strips with Tim Holtz Tonic Guillotine cutter

- Attach to 3.5" x 8.5" Sizzix Gold Mirror Cardstock piece allowing a border only on the left and right sides

-Attach the glimmered Teal ornament offset to the right in center of card panel with foam squares

-die cut from pink and mint Recollections cardstock the flower & leafy branch from Spellbinders Ornament Glimmer set, and the pine branches from Grafix Vellum Shimmer Silver. Also die cut from Sizzix Gold Mirror Cardstock the large leaves.




-Arrange all die cut elements on card front around the ornament

-embellish with AB Crystal Lollibeads using an embellishment wand



For the card inside I used a couple scraps and some more die cuts.

- attach the alcohol ink background scrap cut into 2 -  3 1/4" x 1 1/2" pieces to Sizzix Gold Mirror Cardstock to create a top and bottom border

-attach these pieces to the bottoms of the left and right panels of a 7" x 8.5" center folded white heavy weight card base

- attach another flower die cut as was done on the card front along with leaves and a branch to the bottom of the left panel

- Use Altenew Holiday Wishes stamp set to stamp out sentiment using masking technique, stamping the scripty words in VersaFine Clair Twilight ink and typed words in VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink

-attach the card front to the card base with Be Creative tape and some Tombow Mono Dotted Tape Runner

And that's my card for today! I hope you've been inspired and don't forget to join in on the challenge (link above).

I'll leave you with some close ups! And please feel free to leave a comment, as I love hearing from you!




Comments

  1. Such a fun non-traditional card. Your background is amazing and I love how you carried it over to the inside of your card as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allisa! I'm happy you enjoy the coordinating inside and outside like I do! stay crafty! 😀

      Delete
  2. Girl! This is awesome! I love all the colors! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment as I always love hearing from you! 😃

Popular Posts