Customizing Your Crafty Stash for Christmas | Christmas In July Edition

 Hello and welcome back!

So it's Christmas in July and I have a card that I made using my everyday stamps, dies and stencils. And by tweaking my colour scheme, I've made my stash more Christmas-themed. I used the Altenew Flower Bunch Simple Layering Stencils set and a whole slew of Christmas reds, greens and browns to make my card more festive! You can definitely achieve the same type of look with any crafty items in your stash and the right colours. Go ahead and give it a try!

I am going to be entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, entitled "Out with the Old and in with the New". That pretty gold background die cut was made using a PinkFresh die I just bought (new) and the sentiments are from the Simon Says Stamp Christmas releases from last year (old)! 

If you prefer to watch just click the video link below:




- add colour to stencils using ink daubers and Altenew inks: leaves - Green Fields set, flowers- crimson, velvet, grapevine, center - dark chocolate, jet black, branches - caramel toffee and dark chocolate. Then fussy cut or die cut with Altenew Flower Bunch coordinating die. Create 2 of these.

- Stamp 'Merry' sentiment with VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink from SSS Holiday Sparkle Greetings set and die cut with coordinating die

- Stamp and heat emboss with Hero Arts Detail White embossing powder on Red cardstock the 'Christmas" sentiment from the SSS Slimline Scene Builder set, making sure to mask off the Merry portion of the stamp. Cut down to sentiment strip size.

- Use the PinkFresh Studios Slim Fancy Diagonal Stripes Die to cut out background with Sizzix Gold Metallic Mirror Cardstock (keep the negative space die cuts for card inside)

-Assemble die cuts and flower bunch on card front, a 3.5" x 8.5" black cardstock panel and adhere with  BearlyArt glue and Be Creative tape

-embellish with some AB Crystal Lollibeads and some Black LolliBeads in the flower centers

- Use Nuvo Aqua Shimmer pen on flowers and brush part of floral stenciled image


- cut a 7" x 8.5" center folded card base from White heavy weight cardstock

- Use the negative gold mirror die cuts from the stripy background die on the card inside. Adhere a few strips on the top and bottom of the card inside as above.

- Add the second stenciled floral image to the bottom left side of the bottom card inside panel with some glue

- Using the Altenew Holiday Wishes stamp set stamp the main sentiment in VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink  and the Merry Christmas sentiment in VersaFine Clair Tulip Red ink

-Use some more Nuvo Aqua Shimmer pen on the florals and brush of the stenciled image



And there you have a relatively simple Christmas card using an everyday flowers stencil, which was made to be Christmas flowers by using some deep reds and greens!

I really hope you have been inspired by my post in some way or form. Have a great day and don't forget to leave a comment, as I love hearing from you!



Comments

  1. Love the card. I have all the supplies so I will give it a try.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I’m glad you were inspired! Stay crafty 🙂

      Delete
    2. Great! I’m glad you were inspired! Stay crafty 🙂

      Delete
    3. Great! I’m glad you were inspired! Stay crafty 🙂

      Delete
    4. Great! I’m glad you were inspired! Stay crafty 🙂

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment as I always love hearing from you! 😃

Popular Posts