Crayon Spinner Card | Make the Cards Challenge 29

 Hello again and welcome to my blog!

Today I have a card for the Make the Cards Challenge #29. This challenge is about going Back to School! I decided to use the Color Me Happy Stamps and Dies from Concord &9th because I haven't had a chance to use them yet. You might want to take this chance to make some cards for your children's/grandchildren's teachers who you may not have had a chance to say thank you to last year. Or maybe you can make a card for your child to give to their new teacher. It's been a difficult couple of years due to COVID and I'm sure they would appreciate it!


Challenge Post:


So as usual, the full video is below:



I'm going to be using the LawnFawn Reveal Wheel to create this cute spinner card of crayons. I used rainbow colours of cardstock to cut out the crayon dies (lighter colour for the wrapper portion- rectangle die). And I used some black cardstock to cut out the logos/sentiments that go on the crayons. I did all my die cutting ahead of time and then assembled the crayons similarly with BearlyArt glue.

I then made my own patterned paper with a 6" x 6" piece of cream cardstock. I also cut out the reveal wheel and small circle die from the LawnFawn set, out of the same cream cardstock. I used the Color Me Happy C9 stamps to stamp out the scribbles onto the cream cardstock and reveal wheel piece. I used Distress Oxide inks, chosen in colours corresponding to the crayon colours I used. These were Peacock Feathers, Faded Jeans, Wilted Violet, Picked Raspberry, Ripe Persimmon, Wild Honey, Festive Berries & Lucky Clover

I then assembled the spinner by finding the center of the background and marking it. I measured how long my crayon would have to be to meet the center of the reveal wheel. Then I cut all the crayons to size with the Tim Holtz Tonic Guillotine cutter. I then glued the crayons symmetrically to the reveal wheel. I added some foam squares to the small cream die-cut circle and put a small brad through the small circle (head on the end with the foam squares). I then attached the circle with the brad in it onto the center of the background. I put the reveal wheel through the end of the brad and fastened it. I also cut the "For You" circle sentiment using the Spellbinders Colorblock Circles & Stripes Die set and some Sizzix Gold Metallic Mirror Cardstock. I adhered the gold sentiment to a black 1" circle (cut with a circle punch) using Artist-tac dry adhesive. Then, I used some foam squares to attach the circle sentiment to the center of the reveal wheel where the brad was fastened, to cover it up. And now you have you spinning crayons!


For the card base, I cut a 6" x 6" piece and a 6 1/2" x 6" piece of heavy weight white cardstock. I made a score line at the 6" mark of the larger piece to create a 1/2" flap to attach the two pieces together. I then added some Be Creative tape to the flap and attached to two pieces to create one card base. I adhered the extra cut off crayon ends to the card inside in a horizontal and vertical stacked manner on each bottom corner of the card inside. I left this card blank to leave space to write a nice message from myself and my daughter. You could stamp a plain "Thank You" in there, if desired.

After adhering the card front to the base with some glue and testing out the spinner once again my creation was complete!

To finish, I've been playing around with stop motion videos and here's my first video for your viewing pleasure! I'm looking to perfect this technique in posts to come !


I hope you've been inspired by this card and please feel free to leave a comment as I love hearing from you!

Don't forget to JOIN THE CHALLENGE! 😉




Comments

  1. Adorable card, I love those crayon dies! All of my kids are past crayons, but I think I "need" them! Love how you brought the design to the inside of the card as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allisa! I know eh.. those crayon dies are so fun for us adults too!

      Delete
  2. Stunning! Thank you for the video, too. Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy! I'm glad you liked the video, even though it needs a bit more work.

      Delete
  3. Ekk! This is so cute! I love the crayons in the bold colors. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill! This one got me out of my comfort zone but was a fun one to make!

      Delete
  4. This is fabulous! I love how you used the crayons in the design. The colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment as I always love hearing from you! 😃

Popular Posts