Daquiris and Sandals - Let's Party! | The Maker's Movement Summer Collection

 Hello Friends!

Today I'm sharing this fun card that features the Summer Collection by The Maker's Movement. This release is overflowing with Summer Vibes and the bright and bold colours will really get you ready for the sun! I've chosen to highlight the cute Daquiri Glass and Flip Flop Die sets, both with 3D elements.


Shop The Maker's Movement Summer Collection

Watch the Video Tutorial on YouTube


Like what you're seeing? Pin this picture for later on Pinterest!

Today, I'm focusing on the cute Daquiri Glass Die Set and the Flip Flop Die Set. I also used the smaller flower part of the Sunflowers Die set and the patterned paper! 

The first thing I did was cut out all of my die cut pieces. I always try to do this first as it makes putting the card together more fun once the die cutting is out of the way. I used the smaller sunflower layer from the Sunflower dies to cut 4 flowers each out of pink and white vellum. I cut a 5" x 7" white card base and found a pattern paper that looked like ocean waves from the Sweet Summer 6 x 6 Paper Pack. And I have to mention that the quality of these products is AMAZING! Those paper packs are cardstock so it has a nice thickness and all of the papers have a nice glossy finish! I cut the waves paper to size and adhered it to the card base leaving a white section about 1.75" in height at the bottom of the card. I adhered a dark blue cardstock strip to the bottom of the pattern paper to create a clean look. I then adhered those pink and white vellum flowers all over the bottom to give a summer feel. I also added a piece of white vellum over the wave pattern paper to mute the design a bit so when I add the other pieces they aren't over powered.


After cutting out the Daquiri Glass and outline, I coloured in the center of the daquiri glass where the drink would be in Copic Ciaos R29 and RV29. I adhered the Silver Mirror outline and added some glue withing the drink portion of the glass and adhered some Simon Says Stamp Unicorn glitter. I thought this would look nice and is what I had on hand. I assembled the umbrella which I had cut out of some yellow polka dot paper from the Sweet Summer Pack as well. This die cuts out folds and you just fold along the lines and adhere it at the end. I adhered it to the umbrella handle and attached this and the stir stick to the daquiri glass which I has cut out of some Gold Glitter cardstock.

For the flip flops, there is a trick you should know because I made this mistake at first. You have one die for the flip flop which cuts the left foot. So when cutting the matching pair (mainly important if using the patterned paper so that you get the right pattern on your shoe), you have to cut it from the opposite side. I cut my second flip flop from the back of the pattern paper, so I would end up with the yellow polka dot pattern on the top. (This can be seen better in the YouTube Video linked above, if interested). I cut the thong pieces out of Gold Glitter Cardstock and all you have to do is slip the thong piece into the slots in the flip flop and tape them down. I used my die picker to open the slots up a little bigger to help feed the pieces through. I then adhered the glass and flip flops in the card with foam squares.


I heat embossed the sentiments with Ranger Princess Gold EP an used the Happy Birthday and Let's Party sentiments from the Eat Cake Stamp & Die set. I used he coordinating die for the Happy Birthday to cut it out and I cut the Lets Party Sentiment into a strip and adhered both to the card with foam squares. Finally, I embellished the background with Pinkfresh Studio Glacier Gems and the die cut pieces with clear small gems.

I have to admit this card was so fun to put together! The best part is that everything coordinates so well and I guarantee you'll have a great time too! I definitely recommend those paper packs as they work so well with the flip flop dies which have to be my favourite item from this release! I hope you've been inspired to make something similar yourself. All of the products have been linked below for your shopping pleasure! 

As always, thanks for stopping by. And don't forget to leave me a comment, as I love hearing from you! And don't forget to follow me on Instagram @deezinesbyd where you'll find a short reel for this card!

Supplies 

(note: Any products not included here are linked within the blog text)

Comments

Popular Posts