Fold Back Rectangles Featuring Jamie Rodgers' In and Out Collection | Creative Expressions

 Hello Friends!

I have a quick card to share today featuring the In and Out Rectangles by Jamie Rodgers. These were released this week over at Creative Expressions!! These dies have a unique element in that they include half rectangle dies, so you can cut and fold these to create this cool look. Along with some Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Sparkles and Polish, this was a fun card to make.


Watch The Reel For This Card Here!

Like what you're seeing? Pin this picture for later on Pinterest!

For this card, I started with a Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Sparkles background in Blush and Gilded Plum. I simply took a panel of Coconut White Foundations card (halved) and wet it on both sides with a spray bottle full of water. I sprinkled some of the pixie sparkles from both bottles onto the panel and spritzed it again with water until the colour started to move. I then picked up the panel and moved the colour around to cover the entire panel. You could put this aside to dry but I used my heat tool to speed up the process. I then took the Matt Chalk Polish in Purple Dusk and took some out with a paint brush on my craft mat. I added some water and then splattered it onto the panel.


Once the panel was dry, it had warped a bit so I flattened it by running it through my die cutting machine on its own. I then adhered a panel of dark red cardstock to the back of the panel and cut it using the largest rectangle from the Jamie Rodgers' In and Out Rectangles set. I then lined up the half rectangles one by one on the right side of the panel and ran this through my die cutting machine. I took every other half rectangle cut and folded it back to reveal the red underneath, and adhered it to the other side of the panel. I attached the panel to a white card base and then added the sentiments cut from Everyday Wordies Sentiment Sheet. Finally, I added some glitter embellishments with Golden Rode Stickles.

And that's how fun and simple this card was to make! I hope you've been inspired to make something similar yourself. All of the products have been linked below for your shopping pleasure! 

As always, thanks for stopping by. And don't forget to leave me a comment, as I love hearing from you! And don't forget to follow me on Instagram @deezinesbyd where you'll find a short reel for this card!

Supplies 

(note: Any products not included here are linked within the blog text) 

Comments

Popular Posts