Using Patterned Paper With Background Dies | Make The Cards Challenge 55

Hello Again!

This week's Make The Cards Challenge 55 is a technique challenge and this one is all about patterned paper! We want to see any creation made with 2 patterned papers. Naturally, I'm excited for this one because I have tons of patterned paper but always forget to use it! Making this card using some patterned paper and a cover die from Pinkfresh Studio was so much fun and I can't wait to see what everyone else creates! 



Challenge Post

Watch the Video Short on YouTube

Like what you're seeing? Pin this picture for later on Pinterest!

This is a pretty quick card to make that looks stunning and slightly more complicated than it actually is to make. I found 2 beautiful patterned papers from a Recollections 6" x 6" paper pad. It's an older paper pad I got from Michaels during one of their sales. Anyways, I used the Pinkfresh Studio Simply Hexagons cover die to cut out both papers along with a panel of white cardstock and Sizzix Opulent Gold Mirror Cardstock. With this die you get a hexagon outline frame along with a bunch of hexagon centers. In this case I just used the hexagon centers and left the frame for another project. I took the hexagon centers and adhered them in an offset fashion on the gold mirror hexagons.


Next, I cut a dark blue panel slightly smaller than 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" to allow for a small border when added to the card base. I adhered the hexagons in a random fashion with foam squares. I added a few with 2 layers of foam squares and I added some of the white cardstock hexagons with Bearly Art Glue. I also adhered the center white hexagon with 3 foam squares for varied levels of dimension. I had the "Sending hugs" sentiment in a tin ready to use that I had foiled and cut a while back using Spellbinders Polished Brass Foil and the Pinkfresh Studio Perfect Sentiments plate and die. I added this sentiment with liquid glue and added some clear gem embellishments. Finally, I added this panel to an A2 white card base.


And that's how simple and quick this card is! I hope that this idea appeals to you and you can use it in your crafting! This one is actually a great idea for mass production, especially since I did not use all of the hexagons - so you could potentially made 2-3 cards out of just these supplies. I encourage you to check out the rest of the designer's inspiration and create your own card to link up to the challenge page for a chance to be the challenge winner. 

As always, thanks for stopping by. And don't forget to leave me a comment, as I love hearing from you! And don't forget to follow me on Instagram @deezinesbyd!


Supplies 

(note: Any products not included here are linked within the blog text)

Comments

Popular Posts