Using Small Dies To Create A Background | Scrappy Tails Crafts

 Hello Friends!

Today I'm sharing a card that features the smaller dies from the Scrappy Tails Crafts Coffee Add-On Set. The Scrappy Tails die sets are always jam-packed with little images and so I thought why not use these to make a background for my card! I think these smaller dies are sometimes forgotten amongst the larger scenic pieces and this is a great way to highlight them.


Scrappy Tails StoreFront Collection Save 5% Bundle

Watch the Video Tutorial on YouTube
👇CLICK HERE👇

Like what you're seeing? Pin this picture for later on Pinterest!

Today, I'm focusing on those cute little dies that come with the Coffee Shop Add-On Set. There are so many small coffee cups in different shapes, takeout coffee cups, bottles/milk bottles, cupcakes, an expresso maker and a coffee maker. I love looking and and using these cute small dies! And of course the best part is dressing these dies up so they look fabulous! My trick for doing this is to always choose a colour scheme. I usually search for something I like online and then create my own coloured cardstock with the inks I have on hand, by adding ink to white scraps of cardstock. Not only can you get tailored cardstocks but you get to use up your white scraps, which I have a ton of from making card bases! ☺


Once I have my custom cardstock made, I die cut all of the images and assemble them. To add shine and help these cute images stand out, I always back them with a shadow cut from metallic cardstock. This time I used some Sizzix Opulent Silver Mirror cardstock. The only thing needed to complete this card are some border dies and a cute sentiment that I used from the Scrappy Tails Storefront Sentiments stamp set. I chose to make the chalkboard stand the focal point of my card and then I 'bling'-ed this one up from tiny gems on the die cut cups to the gems all throughout the background. For more tips, tricks and details of how to put this card together, just click the YouTube link above!


I hope you've been inspired to make something similar yourself. All of the products have been linked below for your shopping pleasure! 

As always, thanks for stopping by. And don't forget to leave me a comment, as I love hearing from you! And don't forget to follow me on Instagram @deezinesbyd where you'll find a short reel for this card!

Supplies 

(note: Any products not included here are linked within the blog text)

Comments

Popular Posts