You're The Flip To My Flop | The Maker's Movement

  Hello Crafters and Welcome!

I have another card to share featuring the Summer Collection by The Maker's Movement. I don't know about you but I'm in love with these Flip Flop Dies! So once I saw these I knew I had to put this card together.


Shop The Maker's Movement Summer Collection

Watch the Video Short on YouTube

Like what you're seeing? Pin this picture for later on Pinterest!

First things first - those flip flops! I took the Maker's Movement Flip Flop die set and cut the soles out of a teal cardstock that I found to match the Sweet Summer Pattern Paper Pack. I cut the thong portion out of yellow cardstock and assembled them with some clear tape. To go with the theme of this card, I cut two hearts (the heart die is from the Ultimate Brunch Die Set also released this month) out of some Tim Holtz Pink Metallic Kraft-stock. I attached each to the sandals with foam squares.


I used an A2 sized white side folding card base and adhered the diagonal striped pattern paper from the Sweet Summer pack. I adhered on top of that the sprinkled pattern paper from the Rainbow Sprinkles paper pack that I had cut with a scalloped rectangle die. I attached my flip flops in the center and worked on the sentiment.

I used Lawn Fawn's Smitty's ABC stamps and Versafine Clair Nocturne ink to stamp out this custom sentiment which I actually found on a meme online! I loved the pun on words and felt it worked perfectly here. For the words "Flip" and "Flop" I opted to use the Concord & 9th Lovely Letters Lowercase Stamp set. By doing this the "Flip Flop" pun really stands out. I think it's always great to have alphabet stamps on hand for this very reason!


I fussy cut the flip and flop and I cut out the rest of the sentiment with a banner die. I arranged them on the card with foam strips and then the last thing I had left to do was embellish! I popped a few Pinkfresh Studio Ocean Breeze Jewels on the background and added a couple small clear gems to the flip flops. And this 'punny" card is complete!

There's my inspiration from the Maker's Movement release and I hope you've been inspired to make something similar yourself. All of the products have been linked below for your shopping pleasure! 

As always, thanks for stopping by. And don't forget to leave me a comment, as I love hearing from you! And don't forget to follow me on Instagram @deezinesbyd where you'll find a short reel for this card!

Supplies 

(note: Any products not included here are linked within the blog text/or are linked to something similar)

Comments

Popular Posts