Exploring Colouring Media - Nuvo Drops | Scrappy Tails Crafts

 Hello Friends!

I've recently realized that I reach for the same colouring media. So I thought why not change things up and use something more unconventional to colour in these beautiful birds and foliage from the Tropical Bliss Collection by Scrappy Tails Crafts. For today's card I chose to use my Nuvo Drops and some Stickles as a colouring medium! I'll also show you how to easily clean out gummed up Nuvo drop bottles in my YT video!


Scrappy Tails Tropical Bliss Collection Save 5% Bundles

Scrappy Tails Tropical Bliss Card Kit - $39.95

Watch the Video Tutorial on YouTube
👇CLICK HERE👇

Like what you're seeing? Pin this picture for later on Pinterest!

First things first - if you're like me your Nuvo Drops may have been sitting for a while and may be clogged. I don't always use all of my colours all the time so I had to clean out all of my bottles. But please do not toss them!! They are salvageable! I basically took an old small, long pin that from my glue bottle and used it to clean out the top of the bottle and the entire nozzle. For more details, click my YouTube link above!

It's important to mention that since we are using Nuvo Drops to colour, you may want to fully assemble your card first before colouring n your images. This is the method I used but you could also colour the images, let them dry overnight and then assemble your card if you have more time.


After cleaning my bottles, I stamped out the images from the Tropical Bliss stamp set with VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink and heat embossed it with Ranger Clear embossing powder. I prefer to emboss my image for this technique since it creates wells for each section, making it easier to colour in the image, stay in the lines and still have the black details of the image show up.

I cut out the A2 Triangle background with the cover die from white cardstock (using a metal shim makes this easier). I cut a 2" strip from the 6" x 6" paper pack and attached it to the bottom of the cover die cut. I also added a small gold glitter strip for a clean look. I then attached this to the A2 sized white card base with foam tape. I arranged and adhered the stamped images in the bottom left of the card and attached the sentiment in the top right corner that I had heat embossed with Hero Arts White Details EP on black cardstock. I used the coordinating die for the Tropical Bliss stamp set to cut out this sentiment and attached it with foam squares.


Once everything was assembled I grabbed my Nuvo Drops and simply coloured the images in. I do want to mention that when you use jewel drops, they are transparent and so all your details will show through but the colour is not as vibrant. When you use crystal drops, they are opaque and so you have to colour around the details for them to show up and the colour is more vibrant. I used a combination of both, along with some Stickles to add shine and glimmer!

The drops I used were as follows:

Cockatoo - Key Lime Jewel Drops, Silver Lining & Oyster Gray Crytsal Drops and Lime Green Stickles
Leaves - Woodland Green Crystal Drops, Lime Greenand Jade Stickles
Hibiscus - Carnation Pink and Red Berry Crystal Drops, Sunburst Stickles
Branch - Mercury Glass Stickles

Finally, I carefully added some Pinkfresh Studio Bubblegum Jewels and let it dry completely overnight. The final result is fun and highly glossy!

I hope you've been inspired to make something similar yourself. All of the products have been linked below for your shopping pleasure! 

As always, thanks for stopping by. And don't forget to leave me a comment, as I love hearing from you! And don't forget to follow me on Instagram @deezinesbyd where you'll find a short reel for this card!

Supplies 

(note: Any products not included here are linked within the blog text)

Comments

Popular Posts